Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 25 November 2012, 17:40   #1
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,924
RIBase
ICE console video

Special Projects Order earlier in the year

__________________

__________________
willk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2012, 09:45   #2
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,271
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
OOOooh I Like Thaat...Saw the same setup at Ribex a few years ago..no pint in queing for a Go...it was Flat!
__________________

__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2012, 10:05   #3
RIBnet supporter
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,785
RIBase
willk, nice vid. The rib is not a patch on the 'Beast' in terms of ride, there seemed to be a hell of a bounce but not much top action on the waves, there must have ben a deep swell to bring about that constant bouncing?
Cheers
B
__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2012, 12:42   #4
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,924
RIBase
Jambo, that's a Stormforce 950, with (IIRC) a pair of 250 or 300hp Verados on the back, so in many ways, not wildly different to the 1050 in general spec. They are doing 35kts over a swell so the, er, chunky bloke on the 22inch tubes is getting a good "boost". The camera is fixed (I think) to the samson post so the relative movement is nicely demonstrated. You CAN see the ICE console working quite busily - it's "the mutt's"
__________________
willk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2012, 13:05   #5
RIBnet supporter
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,785
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Jambo, that's a Stormforce 950, with (IIRC) a pair of 250 or 300hp Verados on the back, so in many ways, not wildly different to the 1050 in general spec. They are doing 35kts over a swell so the, er, chunky bloke on the 22inch tubes is getting a good "boost". The camera is fixed (I think) to the samson post so the relative movement is nicely demonstrated. You CAN see the ICE console working quite busily - it's "the mutt's"

Well if you say so. Hard to tell but I would expect my 'flying machine' to act like that at 35knts but not a heavy 950 with all that 'stuff' on her related to the ICE console with so little top motion, she wa fair porpoising
__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2012, 13:14   #6
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 60
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,040
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
Well if you say so. Hard to tell but I would expect my 'flying machine' to act like that at 35knts but not a heavy 950 with all that 'stuff' on her related to the ICE console with so little top motion, she wa fair porpoising
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2012, 14:41   #7
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,924
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
with so little top motion
There's the clue - watch the horizon - it's going up and down quite a lot as she crosses the long swells. It doesn't strike me as classic porpoising

Either way - I wouldn't have my passengers sans lifejackets on the tubes at 35kts.

...and Kerny, get your neb out of that popcorn bag and pay attention to the nice video - see how he manages to keep both motors on the transom while not running aground? A classic maneuver we can all learn from...
__________________
willk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2012, 14:49   #8
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 60
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,040
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post

...and Kerny, get your neb out of that popcorn bag and pay attention to the nice video - see how he manages to keep both motors on the transom while not running aground? A classic maneuver we can all learn from...

for todays lesson
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2012, 14:54   #9
RIBnet supporter
 
mick's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2x Honda 90Hp
MMSI: 235025718
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,984
Are the 22" tubes the biggest they look bigger than mine
__________________
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2012, 15:04   #10
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,924
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Are the 22" tubes the biggest they look bigger than mine
Dunno (even if they are 22") but 22" is standard on a 950, remember they start about 3" up from the deck so will appear tall.
__________________

__________________
willk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.