Old 23 May 2019, 12:47   #1

Town: Grovetown
Make: AB
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yamaha 40
Hypalon tube care suggestions

Hi guys new to the group with questions. I live in the US and I ended up getting a 2010 Ab 11 Dlx that is in great shape with a Yamaha 40hp and I would like to give the tubes a good cleaning to remove some mildew, then hit it with some kind of conditioner and/or sealer for protection if there is such thing for the tubes. What do you guys use to clean the tubes and what product do you use to protect the tubes and extend its life?

Don't want to use any harsh chemicals as I don't want to compromise the Hypalon material.

Is there any product that gives some shine to the material?

Is it aerospace 303 safe to use with Hypalon?

Also, the blue accent color is a bit fade, what can be done about it, was thinking of taking the boat somewhere and replacing the blue accents but if I can restore it would be better.

I want to take care as much as possible, will keep the boat at a lake under a roof with a cover, need to get a breathable one to avoid more mildew.

Any help and recommendations for taking care of the tubes would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 23 May 2019, 13:43   #2

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
hi and welcome these guys will sort you out west marine are distributors your side of the pond & a couple of others

https://www.polymarine.com/distributors/
Old 23 May 2019, 19:46   #3

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Orca recommend sodium hypochlorite based cleaners (caustic soda) for cleaning Hypalon. You won’t damage the tubes, Hypalon is pretty bullet proof unless you attack it with strong solvents. I use TFR (Traffic Film Remover) which is the chemical used in pressure washers & steam cleaners here in the UK, it’s cheap & works. I follow it up with 303. Been using this system for years over various boats.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 19:52   #4

Boat name: Fiachra
Make: Delta
Length: 6m +
Engine: Out twin Yam 115 4 s
Yes TFR is good or a product called G101 which is not harsh. A lot of guys sell TFR in small bottles saying its a special Hypalon Tube cleaner. Costs a fortune that way. I use one finish spray on plastic and rubber available from trade outlets motor factors. Wipe for sheen or leave for a gloss finish. You can also get non slip gloss.