Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01 April 2013, 07:00   #1
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
Humber RIB

I have a humber 5.3m which is needing a bit of repair work and i need some advice please. The strip of material which glues the tubes to the hull needs replacing in places. What is this strip called and where can i find some for sale.


Donkegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2013, 07:05   #2
ribraff's Avatar
Country: UK - England
Town: Dartmouth
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,191
Commonly known as understrips. Usually cut off the roll on the bias which gives longitudinal elasticity so you can pull it around the curve of the hull. If you let me know what you need I can cut them to size and post them for you.

Hypalon Tubes built in-house,retubing, repairs, Accessories
ribraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 April 2013, 03:21   #3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
Hi Ribraff, thanks for the response. I shall be in touch.
Donkegs is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.