Chopppywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2005, 05:39   #12
Town: Barmouth
Boat name: Blue Marlin
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yanmar 315/Bravo 2X
MMSI: 235020218
My double console leaks - and as it is fresh water, I'm assuming that it is rain leaking in - I assume through or round were some of the fittings/gauges are mounted.

It never used to leak, and always held a positive pressure, until the MCA made me drill holes in it to ventilate the battery compartment. The holes themselves are covered with a grill/cover which rain can't get in - but the whole thing now seems to leak like a sieve.

With the last lot of torrential rain we had, I had to pump 6 inches of water out of it. Another job for the winter......

DGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2005, 04:39   #13
Town: Easdale
Make: Humber/Quinquari
Length: 10m +
Engine: Outboard
Humbers available in Scotland

Quinquari Marine are commercial RIB outfitters for the Humber range of boats. Their experience includes running their own fleet of passenger RIBs. Uniquely they are both builders and commercial boat operators so they have vast experience in the practicalities of rib fit out. Quinquari Marine North are based just outside Oban and offer a complete package and full after sales service. Give them a call - 01852 300003
Tony Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2005, 20:15   #14
Town: swansea
Boat name: ocean pro 6.3
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140hp suzuki
humber ocean pro

hey there,if you still havent reached a decision....... i bought a humber ocean pro 6.3m over the summer and think its amazing! i have a 140hp suzuki on the back which id perfect for the job! not sure about the ribcraft as i havent driven one, but the humber is great in cornering, great in rough weather, and ive been out in some rough stuff, and the wide double console i have gives nice shelter from the elements and spray. fuel economy is great at approx 3quarters of a ltr a mile average, and i think it looks fantastic. currently i havent had any problems with the boat, everything is sturdy and well done, admitably the boat interior is more practical than pretty, but when you look at the overall boat on the trailer its a proud craft to own! id go for the humber again if given the choice again!and 6.3m is a good size!

xpertski is offline   Reply With Quote