Old 20 November 2008, 15:12   #61

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
The deck height is the issue I identified as an Attaque feature earlier in this thread, they were all like that an it was a bit of a pain having the sloping deck at the sides!
Yep, mine has that "feature" too. Now, of interest, the U- bolts for the 4 - point lift are fitted there. I wonder if it was designed like that so you don't break into the hollow under the flloor, potentially compromising another bouyancy area? - Most ships will drop the rib over the side on a crane, and not have a nice slip to launch from a trailer..... IF (and this is one Q I am still trying to get an answer for) the Seasafe was designed primarily as an industrial Safety boat, which was then "downgraded" and named as the "Attaque" for leisure markets, it kind of makes sense.

Quote:
For a small boat the Attaque hull form is excellent and its a pity they replaced it with the Assault.
Never driven an Assault, but can confirm the Attaque hull form is brilliant - I have sat down through sea states I used to clear the water with the prop in an 25Hp SR4......

Quote:
I am not sure of the seasafe model details but with the things you list it does sound like a commercial model, safety boat or similiar.
It is a Commercial spec, and comes complete with a D.O.T. approval plate! Humber tell me it was designed for North Sea what is now called FRC. (fast rescue craft) & was fitted out by Delta Power Services. (Now Delta Ribs). I understand the North Sea safety specs changed (Mid 80s?), making the hull obsolete for that market.
Old 28 November 2008, 23:06   #62

Town: gateshead
Boat name: rubber duck
Make: humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: mercury 115 opti 08
hello seafreak,have just been in similar position,bought a brand new 5.0m assault last year with 60 mariner and within less than a year i sold it for a new 5.3 destroyer and went for a 115 opti merc(best thing ever done) which i was told is to much for the boat and the 90 should be the max from humber themselves (170kg) even though the 115 weighs the same,so glad a went for the 115 its a rocket (even though its void my crap one years warranty) and feels a lovely setup.My assault setup was good,the boat never chine walked,maybe because there was not a huge amount of power but also the rear tubes did not raise out of the water keeping the boat very stable at speed(top speed 37mph).The reason for the swap was the fact that you got very wet even in slight seas and the landings were very hard and also with more than 3 people on took ages to plane.Your next boat should def be a destroyer.The two boats are in different leagues,cant emphisis enough.Theres loads more space ,the power is amazing,does 38 mph with 8 blokes on board two of which weigh just under 20 st and someone in donut behind ,top speed(doesnt matter if theres you or four of yous on board seems to be 47.8mph).But the main differance being how it cuts through the waves its so smooth,theres no comparison to the assualt n thats a fact.Do yourself a favour sell the dinghy and buy a destroyer you wont regret
Old 29 November 2008, 12:01   #63

Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Engine: none
MMSI: none
Much the same here, bought new Assault with 60hp except it took four years before I could afford to sell and upgrade.
While I wouldn't try and argue that the Destroyer hull was perfect and there is nothing of the same sized better on the market it is 110% better than the Assault.
The Assault is aimed a specific market and it is good for that, medium sized cars towing and can be put in a standard garage. The tradeoffs to make it possible to do this have compromised the abilities of the hull too much IMO.
Again, you pays your money and you takes your choice.