Old 15 June 2006, 19:11   #61

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucehawsker
I am intrigued. I think the lifestyle / non-marine purchaser is going to have to get his purchase past his wife. Am I the only person on RibNet who will admit to suffering occasional undue influence from a female partner when it comes to capital expenditure ?

I think Shark, hence Bananashark, or Mako, or evil bugs, hence Scorpion, are just the 'wrong' names for such a female vetted purchase.

Raw speed is also the wrong sales button.

Soft ride, security, safety, dry ride, cool looks (not industrial).... these seem to me to be the key selling points.

But am I wrong here?
If I where to buy a new RIB I might be tempted to buy a new kitchen for the Missus first .

Sales Pitch........Free Kitchen with every RIB....Yours for £100K.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2006, 22:23   #62

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
What's wrong with "Industrial" ..?.

...Hasn't stopped some of the "big boys" selling as many RIBs as they can make....
Have I ever mentioned I love seariders! Sadly sold Stevie yesterday cos I have to get an Osprey!

Non Marine sales ideas

why dont you talk to Beuleau motor museum and ask them how much to pitch your boats there.

go to a flash motor dealers and ask them if they are interested in pairing your ex demo rib on the hook of an ex demo car. Maybe stuck on then of a Beamer X5. or a New exdemo Disco something along those lines
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2006, 11:58   #63

Town: Lymington
Boat name: Farfetched
Make: Solent Ribs
Engine: 150hp Suzuki
MMSI: 235021048
Just an update and some queries on pricing!

No one has ventured an appropriate price to sell these boats.

QUESTION

What should we get for the boats, what should we advertise them for?

A broker / dealer has offered us a very low price, but then he says he does not expect to sell them on for very much.

QUESTION

If a broker bought the boats for cash, what might you expect to be the difference between what he pays in cash and the price he expects to sell sell them for?

UPDATE

One of them (the 20 hours demo) is under offer subject to inspection. No bites on the new one. Still happy to make a good deal on that boat as I want to build new demos based on our final configuration which is shaping up well. Might even consider (would certainly not be insulted) by a cheeky offer.

Thanks

Bruce
Old 18 June 2006, 12:16   #64
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:

QUESTION

What should we get for the boats, what should we advertise them for?
Only you now what you actually need to get for them to allow you to start the next phase, how much they cost to build and the margin/loss you are prepared to stomach for them. I've not been shopping around for a boat in this size range but it probably about the right price point... ...but - you have no reputation on which to sell it etc so would someone bay 20-25k for an ex demo parker / ribcraft / etc with this level of fit out, engine / finish - quite possibly. I think you'll need to drop the price because you are an unknown entity. There is of course a psycological effect if you could bear to sell it for less than £20k. If you really want to shift it quickly then you might need to compete with some of the bargain builders (e.g. Leeway) even if you think your offering is better.

Quote:
A broker / dealer has offered us a very low price, but then he says he does not expect to sell them on for very much.
thats what dealers do! you could offer to sell it to a private buyer for the same money the dealer offered (or marginally more).

Quote:
QUESTION

If a broker bought the boats for cash, what might you expect to be the difference between what he pays in cash and the price he expects to sell sell them for?
I have no idea - but I guess it depends on where the broker is, how much stock he is carrying, how quickly he sells them etc. Its worth bearing in mind that a buyer might feel more comfortable paying a few extra £ to buy from a broker which is a known entity than from a newco.
Old 18 June 2006, 12:42   #65
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Quote:

I think Shark, hence Bananashark, or Mako, or evil bugs, hence Scorpion, are just the 'wrong' names for such a female vetted purchase.

Raw speed is also the wrong sales button.

Soft ride, security, safety, dry ride, cool looks (not industrial).... these seem to me to be the key selling points.

But am I wrong here?

Yes... Any female that'd go out on a rib in the first place to do anything other than show off her tits is more likely to be positively influenced by names like the above!

If you name them 'bluewater' then you might get more interest from West Kent as the husband can always mislead the wife into thinking they are going to the shopping centre

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2006, 13:44   #66

Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
Have I ever mentioned I love seariders! Sadly sold Stevie yesterday cos I have to get an Osprey!
stu wich osprey you gunning for mate? nearly bought another vipermax my self friday
Old 19 June 2006, 09:32   #67

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent
stu wich osprey you gunning for mate? nearly bought another vipermax my self friday

If your dead is it really going to be a worry
Old 19 June 2006, 12:57   #68

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent
stu wich osprey you gunning for mate?

I work for David Mannings powerboat skool and when I got the job he gave me three conditions

1. Be nice to Ribeye owners
2. Get rid of my Sea Rider
3. Buy an Osprey

so I dunno what Osprey to get but i would like it to be bigger than Mr Mannings
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2006, 13:19   #69

Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
dave knows of a 6.5 vipermax on trailer going at right money only thing i do not like is it has to come with 150e tec. tis right money tho
oh yes forgot to say its all in a box, rib and toobs on trailer all seating fitted. the engine hydraulic steering etc all there to complete, nice 2 days work, i was so close to saying yes then,,, as you do, said no,
same spec last year was approx 28k with gps radio nav lights