Old 19 April 2006, 10:17   #1

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: The Black Pearl
Make: BRIG F400S
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40HP E-TEC
How much to ask?

Hi,
Selling my current setup to move up to a slightly larger boat and make the move from SIB to RIB.

I'm going to advertise my boat on B&O and probably ebay as well and am wondering what I should be asking for it, it's a Zodiac Futura MkII C. It's 3.8m with alu/wood floor and a proper Jockey center console. It's got quite a few patches but holds air perfectly. It's on a snipe trailer, which is a wee bit rusty at parts, but has brand new bearings just fitted a couple of months ago. It's a 91 vintage. The engine is an Evinrude 30HP Electric start, it's a 1990. The engine was serviced last month (the plugs are new and the starter motor was replaced) and is in good condition, the battery was replaced at the same time (sealed marine 85Ah).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Fraser
Old 19 April 2006, 11:15   #2

Town: Brum
Boat name: UTV
Make: zodiac FR
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke 15hp
MMSI: 999
Hi,
just being watching a similar boat to yours on ebay, its finished now but number is 4627093751, if you do an advanced search and check completed listings only you should find it, went for 995 seemed a bit cheap though
mark
Old 19 April 2006, 11:50   #3

Hopefully the console, and the fact that it's all serviced will make a difference. My engine does look a bit better than that and it's electric start which is nice.
Old 19 April 2006, 13:02   #4

Town: Nottingham
Boat name: Boxer
Make: Quicksilver 450R
Engine: Mariner 50
If you are selling on eBay then I am sure you can do a better job than the one that sold recently (4627093751)

Having sold 000's of items on ebay I could do you a template, all you need to do is message me with all the details you have. I can then put together a really good selling pitch for you.

As for the photo's really give it a good scrub and take a shed load. Pick out the best six giving views from all angles.

Put it on for a ten day auction to end at 2215 on a Sunday. You could offer a halfway collection point @ 0.40p a mile etc etc

BootNeck
Old 19 April 2006, 20:20   #5

Thanks for the tips Bootneck, might take you up on that offer!
Cheers,
Fraser
Old 19 April 2006, 21:24   #6

Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
I have watched similar boats on ebay for quite a while and the money they were fetching amazed me , which is why I went for new . Buyers seem to go mad on ebay . I watched one sib that I had a price on new discounted fetch more secondhand than I had been offered it new
Old 20 April 2006, 14:58   #7

Town: Brum
Boat name: UTV
Make: zodiac FR
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke 15hp
MMSI: 999
Thats not always true check 7234500208 completed listing. I have found that if you look hard enough you can find some bargains, the one above is not the only one I have come accross, my rib was an ebay baby, cost £1625 with engine and trailer, I have also owned a searider 4m for £450 and a few others. Its not much of a secret that alot of people list on ebay who aint got a clue, they often list in the wrong place e.g Crafts for boats, dingyies for ? well guess. As mentioned above lots of big photo's and in the right section does the trick I host pictures away from ebay on my own web space and just reference em in the html, works well and its cheap.
Good luck.
Ps don't suppose you would take a grand
Old 20 April 2006, 23:02   #8

I agree there , the quality of the ad and where its placed makes all the diference .

What mainly I refer to is the newer stuff that is almost new and a current model .

One recent example was a 6 month old Honda 2.3 engine . Sold for only £30 less than the price of a new one .
Old 20 April 2006, 23:20   #9
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
yeah- I'm watching 2.3hp mariners sell for more 2nd hand than I can buy one new from my local dealer.

But then my sr4 was the grand total of £150....with steering, trailer and original pump... (mind you, I DID blag the guy into ending the auction early!)

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2006, 07:16   #10

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker
Thats not always true check 7234500208 completed listing. I have found that if you look hard enough you can find some bargains, the one above is not the only one I have come accross, my rib was an ebay baby, cost £1625 with engine and trailer, I have also owned a searider 4m for £450 and a few others. Its not much of a secret that alot of people list on ebay who aint got a clue, they often list in the wrong place e.g Crafts for boats, dingyies for ? well guess. As mentioned above lots of big photo's and in the right section does the trick I host pictures away from ebay on my own web space and just reference em in the html, works well and its cheap.
Good luck.
Ps don't suppose you would take a grand
Did you buy this one?
I was watching this one, it ended very early, I emailed the seller to check he had not really sold for £250 but did not hear back!
Old 21 April 2006, 20:34   #11

Searching on ebay for RIBs must be the most hit and miss thing I ever searched for on there . I put in RIB or Rigid Inflatable boat and get a few ads . Then I try searching for Avon rib and get ads that hadn't come up before , same with each make I can think of but thats not many .
Old 23 April 2006, 19:38   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootneck

Put it on for a ten day auction to end at 2215 on a Sunday. You could offer a halfway collection point @ 0.40p a mile etc etc

BootNeck
Hi Bootneck,
I've taken your advice and listed it with the 40p/mile bit and ending at 2215 next Sunday, what's the behind the 22.15 bit?
Fraser