Old 21 October 2004, 14:55   #31

Town: Bradford on Avon
Boat name: tbc
Make: Sunseeker (AshleyD)
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2 x coal burners
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos
Is that the Cow Boy guy? with the Cowboy boots (instead of deck shoes) and the scarf round his neck (instead of a life jacket)??
Really Manos I feel that I must jump to the defence of the said leather boots. Deck shoes, or flip flops, maybe ok in Greece but if you boat all year round in the UK those Dubarrys are well worth the money. Not only do they keep you feet warm & dry, but I am convinced they have increased my appeal to the opposite sex as in a poorly lit pub, at the end of a days boating, I look like a scaffolder when wearing them

Regards.

Old 21 October 2004, 15:52   #32

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
good try and agree if you sail in the middle of the winter, but why you need to have those on when is 25C and at the boat show still bits me and makes me and many many others laugh. The only thing is missing is a horse a heard of cows

Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2004, 12:52   #33

Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Engine: 250hp HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSimon
The hard nose version certainly is prone to stuffing. The hull design is fine for Solent type chop, however in normal rough seas and with a greater wave frequency they do stuff. Ask Mr Jelly how many screens he replaces.

Yes in the past they had a problem with tubes ripping off, OK now. That's why many go for the hard nose.

why would people choose a hard nose if its so prone to stuffing?? doesnt make sense.. and why would a hard nose stuff more, they tend to cut through better and are usually a feature of most ribs that have problems with stuffing... please dont say its to do with the forward bouyancy of the tubes cause that will start the old hard boat v rib debate... besides there is natural bouyancy in a hard nose due to the internal space and air inside. the 2 psi pressure of a tube has little difference to a hard sealed rp formation.

i have to challenge you simon, im not a scorpion owner so not biased, whats confusing me is that your opinion seems to be different to 99.99% of ribnet population, rib magazine, motorboats monthly every other publication that has ever been in a scorpion and even scorpions major competition. I am not saying your wrong, i am open to all opinions,experiences but could you please justify your comments, how do you know all this about scorpions?? why do your feel your right? i will ask graham tommorrow about the screens when i pay a visit to the yard, maybe he will have a theory

gt
Old 22 October 2004, 13:36   #34

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
It all depends on how you drive a boat.

If you get caught anware on any fast boat the bow will go under whatever material its nose is made out. If you drive it correctly, it will ride fine. Nothing to do with hard, soft or a bloody nose I'm affraid
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2004, 17:01   #35

Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Engine: 250hp HO
simon? you gone quiet
Old 24 October 2004, 18:14   #36

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtflash
with a warped v they should be great in a following sea however i have noticed on alot of 2nd hand scorpions (not just one or two)that the tubes are torn or have been repaired with a new patch right at the bow of the boat where the tube meets the point..

does make me wonder!

You'd be right there , the join area at the bow does wear It's the only bit of grief I have had with my hull/tubes.

Personally I don't think there is a lot too chose from between a revenger and a Scorpion

Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote