Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern Hanreck View Post
Martini , Most of the aggro was not posted on the threads , but dealt with by pms 'tween myself , Martin & JK .

The fact that he was trading items in value of over £20 from the Channel Islands , attracted the attention of HMRC . They " confiscated goods " in transit and demanded extra payment from me for delivery . I was not the only person inconvenienced in this way . Martin felt he had done everything correctly . That is NO consolation to a punter caught up in the mess.
So, what you're saying is you got caught for some customs/VAT charges you were trying to dodge and you haven't stopped moaning about it since?

The original purpose of this thread has been fulfilled. Lets not turn it into an assassination attempt.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2012, 13:28   #142

Town: Norfolk/Suffolk Borders
Make: no boat
Length: no boat
NOs , you are talking absolute tosh . This was an openly discussed bulk buy on the Forum . As a matter of fact I kept a very dignified silence about it . In the end I had to ask Martin to stop harping on about or I would tell my side of it.
Old 15 January 2012, 13:34   #143

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Quote:
NOs , you are talking absolute tosh .
So are you saying the seller should pay YOUR customs charges?
Old 15 January 2012, 15:04   #144
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Knot Yet , who no longer posts ( over the bulk purchase of rescue beacons )
Your implication is that her reason for not posting any more is directly related to this. I think that is unfair, she sold her boat and she continued to post after the debacle was over. I think it would also be fair to say she was warned about the potential pitfalls of bulk buying on forums before she started but chose to put herself through the mill anyway.

As for customs charges on goods imported from outside the EU, unless you have an explicit agreement with a vendor that they will Deliver Duty Paid then you would be niave to expect no customs, VAT and handling fees on the goods.
Old 15 January 2012, 20:20   #145

Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Length: 8m +
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Martin's stuck his neck on the block a few times to help us out with group buys when most sensible people would keep well out of it. It usually ends up turning round and biting him on the ass, costing him money and getting no thanks for his time and effort.

I think it sucks that people are kicking him when he's down. I've spent plenty of money with him with no problems at all, fair enough if you don't want to risk spending your money with him at the mo but lets remember, he's not some faceless internet fraudster, he's one of us.

Martin's managed to save us (correction you lot) a lot of money using loopholes in the VAT laws, I don't know anyone else who would do that. Same as every other mail order company, you're responsible for your country's taxes and duties, if you get caught out it's your tough titties, don't blame him.
Old 15 January 2012, 20:23   #146

Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
Martin's stuck his neck on the block a few times to help us out with group buys when most sensible people would keep well out of it. It usually ends up turning round and biting him on the ass, costing him money and getting no thanks for his time and effort.

I think it sucks that people are kicking him when he's down. I've spent plenty of money with him with no problems at all, fair enough if you don't want to risk spending your money with him at the mo but lets remember, he's not some faceless internet fraudster, he's one of us.

Martin's managed to save us (correction you lot) a lot of money using loopholes in the VAT laws, I don't know anyone else who would do that. Same as every other mail order company, you're responsible for your country's taxes and duties, if you get caught out it's your tough titties, don't blame him.
i agree been enough said about it now don't you think lets put it to bed
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2012, 20:29   #147

Town: New Forest
Boat name: Charlie Brown
Make: Scorpion
Engine: 275 Verado
MMSI: 235069179
Send a message via MSN to Zippy
Agree with Martini

i have bought several £k's worth of kit from the vendor in question in the past. i was very demanding in what and when i wanted things and i was a happy punter!

Glad JABS has got his issue sorted and fair play to him for doing it in such a manner.

would i buy from them again.... yes..
Old 15 January 2012, 20:34   #148

Town: Northumberland
Boat name: Dr Doof
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 125hp
MMSI: 235082981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
Agree with Martini

i have bought several £k's worth of kit from the vendor in question in the past. i was very demanding in what and when i wanted things and i was a happy punter!

Glad JABS has got his issue sorted and fair play to him for doing it in such a manner.

would i buy from them again.... yes..
Me too......

I've had some good deals and hope to have more in the future.
Old 15 January 2012, 20:34   #149

Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Quote:
It usually ends up turning round and biting him on the ass,
Lucky for him it was the donkey that got it
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2012, 04:37   #150

Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Doof View Post
Me too......

I've had some good deals and hope to have more in the future.
+1
Old 16 January 2012, 06:30   #151

Town: Bursledon
Boat name: Mustard
Make: Ribeye 785
Engine: Yamaha 200/Merc 6
MMSI: 235068693
Quote:

I think that I need to clarify one thing.

I could have got the goods at the same price or below in the UK from some of the better known intent retailers. I chose to give the business to who I gave the business to in order to do exactly that, give him the business!

I knew I was taking a risk over VAT but hoped that my (significant) purchase would help them build the business.

I did not go to the lowest bidder.
Old 16 January 2012, 08:45   #152

Town: Castlebar
Boat name: Clewless
Make: Valiant DR 490
Engine: 60 hp ETEC
MMSI: Awaitng one
RIBase
I have used Martin on several occasions in the past. all sales went through well. There was one or two problems which he rectified quickly. I found him to be very good to deal with

TSM
Old 16 January 2012, 16:19   #153

Town: N. Pembrokeshire
Boat name: Various
Make: RIBs & Hovercraft
Length: 9m +
Engine: Outboards
MMSI: Various
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapy View Post
+1
+ another 1

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...17306504953480
Razorbill RIBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2012, 17:15   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABS View Post
I think that I need to clarify one thing.

I could have got the goods at the same price or below in the UK from some of the better known intent retailers. I chose to give the business to who I gave the business to in order to do exactly that, give him the business!

I knew I was taking a risk over VAT but hoped that my (significant) purchase would help them build the business.

I did not go to the lowest bidder.
I'd just like to clarify that I wasn't referring to you or anyone else in particular. They say you can't please everyone all the time, unfortunately you were one of the unlucky ones I guess.
Old 16 January 2012, 19:03   #155

Town: Herne Bay
Boat name: Red May
Make: Zodiac
Engine: 40hp Honda 4 Stroke
MMSI: Is quite long
Send a message via Skype™ to actions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbill RIBs View Post
+ another 1

+ Another 1 too.

Had lots of help from him and all arrived perfectly
Old 16 January 2012, 22:01   #156

Town: Prestatyn
Boat name: Ray fish 2
Make: Caribe
Engine: Outboard Petrol
MMSI: 235085991
me too...sent me a garmin bracket knob f.o.c. ...nice guy, hope to see him back on here..
Old 17 January 2012, 06:57   #157

Quote:
I'd just like to clarify that I wasn't referring to you or anyone else in particular. They say you can't please everyone all the time, unfortunately you were one of the unlucky ones I guess.
WEll, if your definition of 'unlucky' is standing to loose £800, then, yes, unlucky!
Old 18 February 2013, 19:45   #158

Quote:

How much of a prat to I feel right now

After sticking up for Martin when he took JABS for a ride, he's just gone and shafted me for over £400 for stuff I ordered through him

I put a roof over his head whenever he visited Jersey and put all the business I could his way and that's what I get in return. Nice.
Old 18 February 2013, 21:29   #159

Hi Martini,

So sorry to hear this. I had hoped that all was back on a sensible footing. I think I gave him every chance to get sorted and either ditch the business or continue and behave in an ethical way.

I am very upset by this and regret not naming.

At least his identity is out now!
Old 18 February 2013, 22:15   #160

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Yoda & Obi Wan
Make: XS700
Engine: 200 HP
Well I was a little upset with his underhand, dishonest, low morals, cheating, lying, pikey, thieving, back stabbing, snake like, untruthful, bluffing, bullshit, misleading, unreliable, unethical, deceptive, misleading, two timing, 2-faced, deceptive, treacherous, misleading, misrepresenting, inventing, deceitful, double crossing, falsifying ways of doing business.

We can all mess up now and again (and like many I have done) but his complete inability to fix the problem, coupled with his snake like tendency to tell lies is a very bad sign. Couple this with the huge number of forum members that have suffered at his hand and I wonder why anyone still attempts to do business with the trickster.

He is of course not the first foruM Member to try and rip off Multiple other Members and get away with it. I have chains of PMs and eMails from both and their victims, to ensure I never forget these scumbags.