Town: Liverpool
Boat name: ship called DIGNATTY
Make: Europa Sport 3.3m
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury 20HP
Send a message via Skype™ to Natalie123
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
I don't charge friends......all pro bono because I am nice like that :-)
What about Germans [/QUOTE]

Never gave them a thought!!
Old 27 November 2011, 14:14   #63

Town: Bursledon
Boat name: Mustard
Make: Ribeye 785
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha 200/Merc 6
MMSI: 235068693
I received a partial refund on Saturday. £200 out of the £850 plus.

I am being very patient!
Old 27 November 2011, 17:50   #64

Town: Helsinki
Boat name: SR 5.4
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Toh1 3,5 Yam 90/2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
THE golden rule, is never post when pi55ed
Hm.. good rule but who cares about rules when p55ed, or remember them..
Old 27 November 2011, 19:13   #65

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABS View Post

I am being very patient!
Tell them 3 working days or you're going public and and getting lawyers involved. I really think they are kidding themselves if £200 is going to buy them any more time.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2011, 19:59   #66

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-NUMB View Post
Hm.. good rule but who cares about rules when p55ed, or remember them..
It's the next morning, when you read wot you rote that's the problem
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2011, 17:23   #67
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABS View Post

I am being very patient!
Any explanation or do you assume they have a cashflow problem? Personally I'd be tempted to "out" them to prevent anyone else getting "stung", but you may find that the small claims court is a faster way to get payment. Unless they had done something amazing to convince me not to I'd be filing the paperwork on-line tonight...
Old 28 November 2011, 18:24   #68

Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
If I was in your position I think like yourself I would hold out for a while before naming who's concerned because that could stop your money coming altogether. To me it sounds like a cash flow problem and the person involved is sending you some cash back, wait till next week and see if you get a bit more, at least then you will know that they are trying there best to reimburse your money. If in the end you are at a loss then I would name the company concerned to protect anyone else from ending up in the same dilemma as yourself.
Old 28 November 2011, 18:40   #69
RIBnet admin team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
If I was in your position I think like yourself I would hold out for a while before naming who's concerned because that could stop your money coming altogether. To me it sounds like a cash flow problem and the person involved is sending you some cash back, wait till next week and see if you get a bit more, at least then you will know that they are trying there best to reimburse your money. If in the end you are at a loss then I would name the company concerned to protect anyone else from ending up in the same dilemma as yourself.
You are assuming another creditor doesn't pull the plug first; I'm not sure that in the current climate that assumption is reasonable. Where is that money going to come from to pay the outstanding money? another customer? who will pay the supplier for those goods. Internet sales don't suffer from cashflow like business-to-business transactions where you are waiting for the customer to pay their bill they get it upfront and very few hold significant stock.
Old 28 November 2011, 19:13   #70

Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
You are assuming another creditor doesn't pull the plug first; I'm not sure that in the current climate that assumption is reasonable. Where is that money going to come from to pay the outstanding money? another customer? who will pay the supplier for those goods. Internet sales don't suffer from cashflow like business-to-business transactions where you are waiting for the customer to pay their bill they get it upfront and very few hold significant stock.
Neil, I am just trying to empathise with Tony, if the supplier is going bump he doesn't have to bother refunding any money at all, it looks like the company involved is trying to pay the money owed to Tony even if it's in drips and drabs. As for where the money is coming from is of no concern to Tony as long as he gets it. Lets see if he gets another £200 next week. Again yes your are right we are back to assumptions.
Old 28 November 2011, 20:20   #71

Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: 200 Suzzy
I'm with Kerny on this one (especially as the Ribnet set of 'standard assumptions' seem to be flowing merrily). I don't think the heavy handed approach is the answer in this particular situation. I'm sure Tony did his research and knows what/who he is dealing with, and I like to think (hope) it is more a case of ineptitude and mismanagement rather than malice that is at the bottom of it all. A part payment is at least a step in the right direction.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2011, 00:21   #72

Town: Fareham
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
Neil, I am just trying to empathise with Tony, if the supplier is going bump he doesn't have to bother refunding any money at all, it looks like the company involved is trying to pay the money owed to Tony even if it's in drips and drabs. As for where the money is coming from is of no concern to Tony as long as he gets it. Lets see if he gets another £200 next week. Again yes your are right we are back to assumptions.
We'd all like to see the good in people. But if what you are saying was the case, why didn't the Supplier write Tony an email explaining the situation and thanking him for being patient.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2011, 06:50   #73

Town: Newport IoW
Boat name: Amean/Pronto/Rumbo
Make: Solent Rib Princess
Engine: 200hp Etec 260x 2
MMSI: lots of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
. I'm sure Tony did his research and knows what/who he is dealing with, and I like to think (hope) it is more a case of ineptitude and mismanagement rather than malice that is at the bottom of it all. A part payment is at least a step in the right direction.
Agree with Erin yes inept could not manage a whelk stall .
Tim
Old 29 November 2011, 06:56   #74

We can always rely on the Ribnet community to state things in a very succinct manner.

Thank you Tim.
Old 29 November 2011, 07:20   #75
RIBnet admin team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
We'd all like to see the good in people. But if what you are saying was the case, why didn't the Supplier write Tony an email explaining the situation and thanking him for being patient.
Because people are incredibly bad at being open and honest about their financial position. If he has the money, and has accepted it needs to be repaid (which seems to be the case) then I can't see any sensible reason for not repaying it all quickly. "Instalments" either means he doesn't have the money to pay you at all, or he doesn't have the money to pay all his creditors and you are not high enough priority.

The problem is you have no idea who else is getting fed the same story, or who might have been getting drip fed for months. If HMRC, his landlord, his bank, etc don't get paid they will have no hesitation at taking formal action to recover their money. Tony needs to take the same stance so that he doesn't end up in a pile of "other creditors" who get nothing. I've been there in the past and can assure you that small claims court form arriving on his desk will suddenly increase the priority with which Tony's debt is repaid. If there is a genuine reason for paying in instalments let him convince the judge!

Now obviously some people here know who the supplier is and that he is just "incompetent" but does that stretch to not paying his VAT / PAYE / Loan / Credit Card / Rent? If his suppliers don't get paid then they will stop supplying him goods and slowly suffocate the company anyway.
Old 29 November 2011, 07:46   #76

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
Because people are incredibly bad at being open and honest about their financial position. If he has the money, and has accepted it needs to be repaid (which seems to be the case) then I can't see any sensible reason for not repaying it all quickly. "Instalments" either means he doesn't have the money to pay you at all, or he doesn't have the money to pay all his creditors and you are not high enough priority.

The problem is you have no idea who else is getting fed the same story, or who might have been getting drip fed for months. If HMRC, his landlord, his bank, etc don't get paid they will have no hesitation at taking formal action to recover their money. Tony needs to take the same stance so that he doesn't end up in a pile of "other creditors" who get nothing. I've been there in the past and can assure you that small claims court form arriving on his desk will suddenly increase the priority with which Tony's debt is repaid. If there is a genuine reason for paying in instalments let him convince the judge!

Now obviously some people here know who the supplier is and that he is just "incompetent" but does that stretch to not paying his VAT / PAYE / Loan / Credit Card / Rent? If his suppliers don't get paid then they will stop supplying him goods and slowly suffocate the company anyway.
well said that man, you took the words right out of my computer, well nearly the same words, i was going to say, he's going bust, strong arm him
Old 29 November 2011, 19:09   #77
ADI

Town: scotland
Make: a few
Engine: outboard / inboard
I agree he may or may not be going bust. Lets take this scenario, I surf the internet compare prices and check the faceless websites and decide to buy £1000 worth of electronics from his site. Who does my hard earned go to ? Will I get my electronics ? or will my money start to feed the other people he owes mony too ? I dont think in this case its name and shame its name and hopefully save some other people from becoming the victims.

Its electronics we are talking about here not some one of special item that needs to be designed and made..... Would you wait 4 months for your TV from Comet ?

I would like to know about the retailer so I could make the choice to buy or not.
Old 01 December 2011, 07:35   #78

So here we are... A refund of £200 last weekend and now silence. No answers to emails, texts or phone calls.

Mr Nice Guy is about to leave the room.
Old 01 December 2011, 08:51   #79

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
Getting bored with this now. Go down there and burn his place down. No one can be that patient surely

sent from a remote device
Old 01 December 2011, 16:21   #80

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
name..name....name.......name........name......... ...name.......................name
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote