Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 04 February 2012, 05:23   #11
RIBnet supporter
 
Ian M's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: New Milton
Boat name: Jianna
Make: Osprey
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 E-TEC
MMSI: 235076954
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,933
Think I am going to have to get me a new one - wife that is NOT RIB
Mine won't go near the RIB, and as for cleaning it ..............
__________________
Ian

Dust creation specialist
Ian M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 February 2012, 06:11   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
We call it a sense of humour, not sure what they call it in Devon
Devon and Cornwall are very similar in the respect that there are people who live in Devon/Cornwall and there are people who are Devonian/Cornish. This will have a considerable bearing on yer man's SOH.
__________________

__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 February 2012, 07:25   #13
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,579
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
Devon and Cornwall are very similar in the respect that there are people who live in Devon/Cornwall and there are people who are Devonian/Cornish. This will have a considerable bearing on yer man's SOH.
Ahh! could be a Grockle then, or worse, an Emmet
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04 February 2012, 07:27   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
Ahh! could be a Grockle then, or worse, an Emmet
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 February 2012, 07:30   #15
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,579
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapy View Post
Has anyone tried steam cleaning deposits off the hull after a time on the water or is that a no-no?

Got this new toy (domestic Karcher thing, not an industrial jobby) and was just wondering...

I have a big diesel Karcher steam jobby, I always give the complete boat a good going over after every trip out. Set the temp to about 70deg & it gets the salt off a treat. Works great on the trailer too, I shove the nozzle upto the hole in the brake back plate where you adjust the shoes & give it a good blast. I'm careful around the tubes & console for obvious reasons.
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04 February 2012, 07:34   #16
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,579
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian M View Post
Think I am going to have to get me a new one - wife that is NOT RIB
Mine won't go near the RIB, and as for cleaning it ..............
As long as you keep 'em poorly shod & short of brass, they know their place
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04 February 2012, 08:35   #17
Member
 
Leapy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
I have a big diesel Karcher steam jobby, I always give the complete boat a good going over after every trip out. Set the temp to about 70deg & it gets the salt off a treat. Works great on the trailer too, I shove the nozzle upto the hole in the brake back plate where you adjust the shoes & give it a good blast. I'm careful around the tubes & console for obvious reasons.
Mine's non-adjustable...it's steam at 3bar or it's off. Think I'll give it a guarded go on the hull and deck and a full on go on the trailer
__________________
Leapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 February 2012, 16:36   #18
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,579
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapy View Post
Mine's non-adjustable...it's steam at 3bar or it's off. Think I'll give it a guarded go on the hull and deck and a full on go on the trailer
3bar?? are you sure? Mine's 1500psi/100 bar which is about normal for a pressure wash/steam cleaner. Just increase the distance from lance to boat to control the pressure. When I do the console & tubes it's from about 1.5m away, the hull & trailer get the full works from about 1/2m.
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04 February 2012, 16:48   #19
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 60
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,040
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
3bar?? are you sure? Mine's 1500psi/100 bar which is about normal for a pressure wash/steam cleaner. Just increase the distance from lance to boat to control the pressure. When I do the console & tubes it's from about 1.5m away, the hull & trailer get the full works from about 1/2m.
erm I thought your Mrs does yours you likle liar you
__________________
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 February 2012, 17:05   #20
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,579
RIBase
I do the pressure washing, 'cos it involves power tools, so naturally that's a blue job. Scrubbing the tubes is obviously a pink job
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.