Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02 April 2011, 12:15   #11
Country: UK - England
Town: Portishead/Falmouth
Make: Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
Well the update on this is that we chickened out. Try as we might, deflating the tube all the way down one side of the boat, it is simply impossible to gather up enough 'slack' to hold onto the inner part of the valve. The fabric is too tight/stiff especially as opposite the valve is the wide rubbing strip.

If we unscrewed the valve we'd never get it back on again, so aborted!

Instead we put a thin tube through the valve and pumped the sealing fluid through that with a modified garden sprayer. Hopefully we managed to manipulate it down the tube to the right spot!

We'll see if the tube holds air in a few days when it's had a chance to cure.

Thanks all for your assistance


alexm is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.