Closed Thread

Old 25 September 2008, 17:28   #21

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Interesting times to be starting up a venture like this.
Hmm, my thought too, still if they can hold it together over the next couple of years then they should be in a good position when the credit crunch ends after we have a change of government.

Hopefully they won't go for the quick fix of more waterside properties but keep it to boat related businesses.

Would make a good location for Ribex in 2010 having all the manufacturers on one site without the problems of transporting everything across the water should be tempting whilst quite a coup selling second hand ribs alongside the show.

Pete
Old 25 September 2008, 19:38   #22

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Do I feel a dry stack coming on???
Old 26 September 2008, 04:12   #23

Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
Do I feel a dry stack coming on???
If you do , I suggest you see a doctor. I know things are tough where you live but that is not normal.
Can you post a pic. of yourself in your drysuit so we can make up some funny Xmas cards.

Thanks
Old 26 September 2008, 08:54   #24
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Could I interest you in a trade membership?
I'm sure Jonny Boys could manage to sub RIVA the required £100 out of the small change left over from the £10,000,000

John
Old 26 September 2008, 09:00   #25

Town: emsworth
Boat name: the black stuff
Make: BALLISTIC
Engine: 2 x 200hp etec's
quite happy to pay

if you can give stastistics, on benafits you know that.
or i can contra invoice for your boat storage in my yard remeber

yet again it does annoy me that for the sake of such a small amount of money the pack is on the hunt

i have not asked for buissness about this , i thought some hardened ribbers might like a look around at some point as its the home of some pedigree boats . FREE

a benafit to ribnetters FREE

i am sorry that you choose to see my good will gesture to ribnetters as a attempt to gain buissness. does anyone on here need a big shed ?

now i had acumilated again a large amount of flares and last year i gave them free to the ribber on here who has a paint ball buissness maybe i should ask him for the £100

and stop helping out some times !
Old 26 September 2008, 12:31   #26
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVA View Post
i can contra invoice for your boat storage in my yard remeber
I paid for that storage
Quote:
yet again it does annoy me that for the sake of such a small amount of money the pack is on the hunt
I'm glad you agree it's a small amount. Why not just do the right thing and pay it?
Quote:
i have not asked for buissness about this , i thought some hardened ribbers might like a look around at some point as its the home of some pedigree boats . FREE

a benafit to ribnetters FREE

i am sorry that you choose to see my good will gesture to ribnetters as a attempt to gain buissness. does anyone on here need a big shed ?
Give over! It was nothing more than a plug for your new business venture.

Unless I've misunderstood and you're offering free use of the facilities?

John
Old 26 September 2008, 13:48   #27

no john you paid for a part storage , how many weeks ?

press releses are how you plug something ! not ribnet

and this is ment to be a talk about a historical site thats , going to be a bit of fun for somepeople to have a walk round . if they rent a few 000,sq feet whilst doing so exelent you will have got double doe

and i dont think ill need a sub !

its not the money its what i get for it ? if it was £1000 and i got enough buisness from it i would pay it ? example boats and outbords , google ,

god only knows how much i spend on google . well actualy he does as i say sweet jesus at every invoice , but i can atribute sales to it .

as soon as i can atribute sales to ribnet ill pay you but its chicken and egg you have to make it so i need to be there , and i dont at present .

if your saying that you want a contribution to its running costs , so you can stay at home and loook after it and make it bettter and better then thats diffrent .you need to ask all members under european law and ill pay it .no problem as i except this and have seen your costs.

but your asking me to make a comercial dessision based on no facts , or info

i am not being difficult, if it has buissness worth ill pay? if its a bit of a club ill pay with everyone else ?
Old 26 September 2008, 15:00   #28

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
If there is an organised gathering for RIBnetters around the grounds before it gets developed, then I would certainly be interested in comming along.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Old 26 September 2008, 15:03   #29

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Have read through the various posts with interest & from my personal position I think RIVA was just making what I can only see as a quite a kind offer for poeple who are interested in boats a view at one of the regions most intersting & up till now closed off sites.

Surely any RIB business taking such a prime/ easy to access site can only bring posatives the whole market/ industry. In fact any company that holds a stock of used boats give much needed fluidity in the market. By investing hundreds of thousands of pounds in stock it means people can go off and can afford to buy new stuff, while others get the benefit of buying from a business & not individuals.

I lived & worked in Portsmouth/ Portsolent for a number of years & used to love watching 'things' appear on the site.

Yes it MAY end up in a POSSIBLE sale EVENTUALLY, but all very far fetched to show any formal commercial benefit.

I would guess & expect 99.9% of RIBNET users check ALL the boat sites looking for the 'next' boat( dreaming , thinking of ways to find more cash to spend on thier hobby ! ), with only a tiny few only finding ribsforsale site via ribnet ? Try Googling ribs for sale or rib sales & I think you will see ?

Just my humble individual opinion that wont agree with all, so apologies if I upset anyone .

Pete
Old 26 September 2008, 15:08   #30

what a good idea

would ribnetters after one of your churchillian gatherings like a walk round.

thats all im offering , a chance to see some stuff, and have a bit of a poke around from the in side
Old 26 September 2008, 15:14   #31

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
If I was closer I would love to and unlike some other people in the boating world you will be guaranteed a warm welcome!!!
Old 26 September 2008, 15:15   #32

Town: Solent
Length: 7m +
Good work - you just need a decent broker in there now
Old 26 September 2008, 15:16   #33

Town: Southampton
Boat name: SMH Rib / War Shot
Make: Ribtec / Scorpion
Engine: 100hp Yam/150hp opt
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by moresauce View Post
Good work - you just need a decent broker in there now
Do you know any?
Old 26 September 2008, 15:30   #34

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Quote:
would ribnetters after one of your churchillian gatherings like a walk round.

thats all im offering , a chance to see some stuff, and have a bit of a poke around from the in side
Would be a little spooky at that time of night

How about a day time visit one weekend?

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Old 26 September 2008, 15:33   #35

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Late night at VT ?

Vospers most haunted ? ( Live ! ) - feel the presence of all of VT's most famous boats.......
Old 26 September 2008, 15:35   #36
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackroady View Post
Have read through the various posts with interest & from my personal position I think RIVA was just making what I can only see as a quite a kind offer for poeple who are interested in boats a view at one of the regions most intersting & up till now closed off sites.
I disagree. RIVA's original post was just a link to a press release promoting a new business venture. Nothing more, nothing less. A few posts later he mentioned maybe having a walk round - if that was the intention of the original post then it certainly wasn't clear to me.

The rules here are very simple and clear: "If you use the forums to promote your business you are required to join as a trade member."

Quote:
its chicken and egg you have to make it so i need to be there
Your choice!

Luckily the internet is a big place so you won't miss posting on RIBnet or using the PM system

John
Old 26 September 2008, 15:46   #37
RIBnet supporter

Town: Rutland
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
I disagree. RIVA's original post was just a link to a press release promoting a new business venture. Nothing more, nothing less. A few posts later he mentioned maybe having a walk round - if that was the intention of the original post then it certainly wasn't clear to me.

The rules here are very simple and clear: "If you use the forums to promote your business you are required to join as a trade member."

Your choice!

Luckily the internet is a big place so you won't miss posting on RIBnet or using the PM system

John
I pay but that's my choice but there are lot more who seem to be allowed to slip through the net, is it a case of who you know if you’re a rib based business

Jim
Old 26 September 2008, 15:47   #38

may be it was not clear

but i know lots of rib netters, and to my knowlage i dont think they need a 850 t ship lift or a big big shed,

a bit of common sence says that, and i know you might think its a trying to get buissness post, but actualy the rib buissness might not be the best for the sight.and thats what property agents do not rib net

i am just happy we could tell the world as a few people on here will know how quite over the last year we had to keep it

and yes rib net is a small fish in the big internet pond thats why i quite like it . as its some were i read and laugh about things without trying to do buissnes, being in the back ground

take this as its ment please come and have a look if you would like to.its quite intresting to see all the d day stuff there

and when i do buissness from ribnet ill pay you