Old 20 October 2007, 12:28   #1

Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
HMS Daedeleus

Can anyone tell me at what state of tide the slip at HMS Daedeleus is fully exposed. Is it at only the lowest of the tide or is it a couple of hours before and after. Just thinking of how easy it will be to launch on my own.

Also for those in the know is it possible to leave the trailer attached to the car when parked ?

I haven't launch at that location since 2004 with Noddy. This week is looking good for launching from that location due to the high tide.

Regards Nick R.
Old 20 October 2007, 13:05   #2

Town: emsworth
Boat name: the black stuff
Make: BALLISTIC
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2 x 200hp etec's
stoke bay slip

use the lifeboat slip much more rib sutible
Old 20 October 2007, 13:27   #3

Riva,

Thanks for the advice. What is the Lifeboat slip commonly known as ? Can't seem to find it on Boatlaunch.
Old 20 October 2007, 13:30   #4

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Nick, those exposed slips along the coast are a pain in the arse to launch and recover from by yourself, you only need a cross wind, rollers and some tide to make it a nightmare to recover and launch, even if you've got some crew.

However if you still want to persist then Deadeleus slip is accessable during most states of tide (don't know about low water springs, but I think it's OK). Usually at weekend there are a lot of Jet Skiers as the local club have adopted it and is very busy. You can park your car there with trailer attatched if the car park isn't full up and it's free!

The Slip at GAFIRS is good also, might be better protected from a westerly, but you have to pay for parking for car and trailer I think.

If you fancy some help next week, I'm off Monday, Tuesday and Friday though the weekend.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2007, 13:33   #5

Town: Fareham
From the Air

Here it is.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2007, 13:44   #6

Andy,

I understand what your saying about the sea facing slips. But the weather is supposed to stay good for the rest of the week so I was going to consider going out just for a couple of hours and wanted to keep everything as simple as possible with steep slips and easy parking. Unfortunately low tide is mid afternoon when I intend to launch which will be the wednesday.
I might fall back on Haslar as thats a beauty for single launching but low tide is awkward.

By the way. Nice pic of the lifeboat slip. Cheers for that. I'll give it a recce.
Old 22 October 2007, 08:39   #7

Town: Lee on the Solent
Boat name: Saintlee
Make: Leeway
Engine: Evinrude DI 115
It's accessible at all states of the tides except for super-low springs. You will however need a 4wd or a seriously long rope at low tides. You also don't want to be thinking about launching from it at all if the wind is from SE to NE and more than 10k as you'll never keep the boat straight onto the trailer when combined with tides (unless you have guides or a lot of help) and when the wind is from the W quadrant as you'll have the water shipping over the transom and pushing the boat onto the trailer! It's not a good place to launch unless it's very quiet (weather) and of course you have the joy of being in the company of all the jetskiers