Boat name: Ashling
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Mercury 225
Henshaw Inflatables Ltd

Press Release

For immediate release 5th October 2016
HENSHAW INFLATABLES LTD ANNOUNCE MERGER

Henshaw Inflatables Ltd of Wincanton UK, and Wing Inflatables of California USA, are pleased to announce a merger between the two companies which will take effect from the 5th October 2016.
This merger represents a pooling of the expertise of the two major Inflatable tube manufacturers, and the merger will enhance the service, capabilities, engineering expertise and product range, available to existing and future end users.

Henshaw Inflatables has become a household name in the marine industry over a 42 year span as being the leader in producing quality products using Hypalon/CSM coated glued fabrics. Wing Inflatables has a long track record of producing the finest tubes in Polyurethane heat welded fabric. The Henshaw/Wing merger now brings both options of the fabrics for inflatables to customers worldwide.

Both companies will maintain their existing US and UK manufacturing, sales and administrative offices and Mr Andrew Branagh will oversee the combined companies as President. Chris Hornidge will remain involved with the company and as a mentor to Andrew Branagh and will maintain an ownership position in the combined operation.

“I am delighted to hand over the reins after over 50 years in the marine industry and 26 years running Henshaw. With the product range that Henshaw has developed including tubes for the RIB industry, Super Yacht products, and other marine related Inflatables, I feel that this match of expertise will be to the benefit of all concerned” Chris Hornidge

Henshaw Inflatables Ltd Southgate Road Wincanton Somerset BA9 9RZ
RIB tubes, RIB collars, yacht fenders and much more - Henshaw Inflatables Ltd +44 (0) 1963 33237
For more information please contact Chris Hornidge chris@henshaw.co.uk 44(0)1963 332

www.henshaw.co.uk
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 October 2016, 17:21   #2

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
All the best with the merger Chris!...and continued success....you Guys deserve it!
And All the best in semi retirement!?

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 October 2016, 17:42   #3

Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2x Honda 100 Hp
MMSI: 235025718
Sounds interesting and all the best with it all
Old 05 October 2016, 18:21   #4

Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Well done Chris, you must be very proud of your achievements. What an amazing company and I wish you all the best for the future. Alex
Old 05 October 2016, 21:31   #5

Town: CA
Make: Zodiac RIB-P
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 250
Wow! Does that mean I can get U.K. made hypalon tubes from Wing in California?

Jason
Old 06 October 2016, 19:35   #6

Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
After speaking with you s few weeks ago
The commitment and attitude to the industry is second to none, the loss of your business partner and long hrs endured at such a young age. !! To get where you are now in such a hard to compete business. This is long lonely hrs once the factory staff have exited your premises

Chris you deserve all the recognition in the world for your generosity in the mc Milan project

Enjoy what you have achieved and ensure that your long suffering wife enjoys the rest period along side you

Best regards Edd
Old 07 October 2016, 10:50   #7

Town: Hampshire
Boat name: Altea 2
Make: Narwhal
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90 Mariner
Congratulations Chris. I've no doubt all the effort will pay dividends. Kind regards, Ben
Trailer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 October 2016, 18:31   #8

Town: San Francisco, CA
Boat name: Wing/Henshaw
Make: Wing Inflatables
Length: no boat
Engine: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtalljv View Post
Wow! Does that mean I can get U.K. made hypalon tubes from Wing in California?

Jason
Jason, we're currently keeping the manufacturing of the CSM/Hypalon tubes in the UK, and continuing to produce with welded polyurethane tubes in California. If you have a special need, please reach out and let's see what suits you best. Thanks for your interest.
David
Old 07 October 2016, 18:33   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
Well done Chris, you must be very proud of your achievements. What an amazing company and I wish you all the best for the future. Alex
Alex,

We echo your compliments of Chris and your recognition of his achievements. He's done some amazing things over decades, and we're excited about his ongoing involvement with Wing/Henshaw.
David
Old 10 October 2016, 02:06   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKelly View Post
Jason, we're currently keeping the manufacturing of the CSM/Hypalon tubes in the UK, and continuing to produce with welded polyurethane tubes in California. If you have a special need, please reach out and let's see what suits you best. Thanks for your interest.

David

Thanks David. I did contact Henshaws a little while back we got a reasonable rough estimate. The issue I have is that I have a rare and unique older 7m zodiac so I'd need to send the tubes in for a pattern. To the U.K. it's a long way, since I live in CA that would have been easier :-)

Thanks
Jason
Old 10 October 2016, 19:36   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtalljv View Post
Thanks David. I did contact Henshaws a little while back we got a reasonable rough estimate. The issue I have is that I have a rare and unique older 7m zodiac so I'd need to send the tubes in for a pattern. To the U.K. it's a long way, since I live in CA that would have been easier :-)

Thanks
Jason
Jason, makes sense. We are sharing engineering and design resources on both sides of the pond, and can certainly take a look at your 7m Zodiac at our Wing facility (where in California are you? We're in Arcata - I swear it's a shorter drive than to England). We're are already making a over 22 versions of Zodiac tubes of all lengths and styles at the Wing facility out of polyurethane. Now, we can work with you to see how best to solve your needs.
Must be special to have a unique tube like that.
Best,
David
Old 11 October 2016, 00:25   #12

It's just an old original RIB-P, 1986 or '87, I forget right now. Pre-dates the 733 redesign. It might be just like some of the bolt on Wilards but I don't know for sure.

I'm not sure, the U.K. might be closer than Arcata :-). I'm on the central coast

Jason