Old 18 September 2002, 15:50   #1

Town: Bromley, Kent
Make: GS209
Length: 6.137
Engine: 4.3ltr 210hp Volvo Penta
Help with Test Drive, Sat a.m. Lymington

I have decided to test drive this Tohatsu 6.6mtr with the 90hp TLDI engine on, I guess you have to if you are going to spend a bit of money. The problem is I would like to know if there is anyone who lives very close to Lymington who would be willing to come on the test drive with me. I do not have a clue about boats, but you have to start somewhere. It would need to be someone who has great experience and could give me the thumbs up or down. If I get the thumbs up I will buy it there and then, if it is no good then that will be that. I have had a lot of advice on this forum and appreciate it all, the boat is reserved for me until Saturday.

I was going to try to do the test drive first thing in the morning this Saturday the 21st September 2002, say 9am ish. I have to travel down from Bromley in Kent, so may include another visit to the boat show as well.

The wife has given the OK so now it is down to me to find an expert for this test drive. I am sure that there will be a beer or two available to whoever can help me. You never know by this Saturday I may be able to fill in my profile and feel one of you lucky lot!

Cheers,

Pete
Old 18 September 2002, 16:08   #2

Town: Dartmouth
Boat name: Puffling
Make: Avon Rover 3.4m
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 15hp
Send a message via MSN to badbaws
I have about 9 years RIB experience, in various boats...5.4 metre searider in the Atlantic, 6.5m pacific in the same....
I am home from Scotland this weekend so if girlfriend permitting I am allowed out then yes should be able to make it...
I have done quite a few test runs in various boats at RIBEX etc...and although not an'expert' have the experience to back up the yes no debate...happy to oblige if am free....
Give me a call on 07789886620
Alex
Old 18 September 2002, 16:23   #3

Town: Margate / Ramsgate
Boat name: Bumbl
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar diesel
Pete,

Just sent you an e-mail, but have now seen this post. I'm at the boat show sat., but have a young lad entered into 'young RIB driver of the year' final at 11am (in the RYA demo. area of boatshow - all supportes welcome - shout COME ON JON at the top of your voice) so need to be in southampton for this time - e-mail me to discuss this further of you like.

Daniel
Old 18 September 2002, 17:36   #4

Town: Bromley, Kent
Make: GS209
Length: 6.137
Engine: 4.3ltr 210hp Volvo Penta
Daniel,

I would be looking for an early test drive e.g. 9am, I don't know how long one takes, but it is probably 30 - 40 mins drive from there to the Show. I will keep a lookout and definately be shouting JON (what No is he) with Will my son who will be with me. I will send you my mobile number.

Cheers,

Pete
Old 18 September 2002, 17:44   #5

Town: Margate / Ramsgate
Boat name: Bumbl
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar diesel
If you want me to meet you there @ 9 then i will - you may, of course, wish to take Alex up on his offer instead / as well.

My mobile is 07770 382920.

More details of Jon's training etc. etc. on the scout web-site www.rn50.org.uk

Daniel