Old 12 April 2005, 18:05   #11

Town: Wimborne
Boat name: Baily X
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: 50
Send a message via AIM to Rob Whitham
Great starter rib

I have a great little rib for sale on boats and outboards for sale. Its a very well built gemini 4.5m with yamaha 60 2 stroke - both are 1997 and in very good order. Its pretty inflation proof, fantastic fun and has been very well maintained. It has unfaded hypalon tubes in red and would be a fantastic alternative to a searider 4m.Send me a private message if you would like to view it.

Old 13 April 2005, 03:40   #12

Town: Bristol
Make: fletcher arrowbeu
Engine: johnson 175
MMSI: 235057234
look no further than an Avon searider for your first Rib some of the doods on this site know everything about Ribs and engines and what they don't know isn't worth knowing, Greeat boats and anyone that owns one or has owned one will only say good things about them. If you are looking for a Rib around the 4 metre size there is always a few for sale on boatsandoutboards and another good thing is that you should pick up a real tidy one for around 4k, As for the engine first appearance usually tells a story if its been looked after it will show. In terms of which engine to go for i would be in slight favour of a japanese unit i think these tend to be very well made and more reliable on the whole.

Old 13 April 2005, 04:12   #13

Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
Another thought most peoples reason for buying their second boat is to get something longer, are you sure that you really want a 4m boat There are issues about storage and handling a larger boat but the difference in performance between a 4m and 5m boat can be marked Des
Old 13 April 2005, 06:09   #14

Town: NORWICH
Make: Tohatsu
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 40hp 2 strok
Our main use for this rib will be on the Broads following our daughters around in their sail boats, with the occasional trip out to sheltered coastal areas.
Tims Osprey
Have looked at Searider but most of them appear to have speadboat layout and we really wanted a central jockey position.
Tim M
Private ads
Scary Des
4m seemed about right for our anticipated usage, ability to be able to store in garage and take 2adults and up to 4 children.
Old 13 April 2005, 06:46   #15

There are a couple of decent looking avon seariders on boatsandoutboards.co.uk both have centre consul layout one is just over 4k and is 1999 with a 40 tohatsu, The other looks a bit newer and has a 50 yamaha and is 6k.
Old 13 April 2005, 07:13   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
Unfortunately that is true, have I ever mentiond i miss my searider 4.7!

so if you want a small rib for convenience or Budget why not get an Avon Searider 4.0 mtre. Whats yur budget
totally agree infact after i have bought an aux engine for my osprey and paid for the holiday i am going to save up and buy myself a smaller second Rib to mess about on i wonder which one, I know a trusty 4 metre searider just the ticket
Old 13 April 2005, 07:35   #17
ADS

Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrhead
Our main use for this rib will be on the Broads following our daughters around in their sail boats, with the occasional trip out to sheltered coastal areas.
Tims Osprey
Have looked at Searider but most of them appear to have speadboat layout and we really wanted a central jockey position.
Tim M
Private ads
Scary Des
4m seemed about right for our anticipated usage, ability to be able to store in garage and take 2adults and up to 4 children.
For a lot of low speed work on the broads I would recommend a 4-stroke outboard because your will appreciate the quieter and smoother running. Seccondly, 'old tech' carberuetted two strokes tend to 'oil up' if being used for long periods at idle and low rpm's. They then need a thrash to become unclogged.

Regards
Alex