Boat name: Moon Raker
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Honda BF 90 D
MMSI: 235035994
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogMonster
Many thanks again Tony, just what I need

Will have a look next weekend (at the moment it is dark when I leave for work in the morning and dark when I get home so I only get to see the boat in headlights.... )

cheers

Stephen
No problem Stephen. Ah! The things we have to put up with, living in such beautiful, wild and isolated places. Almost midsummers day here - and the inshore waters forecast gives force 9 for tomorrow :-(

regards, Tony

Old 21 June 2006, 13:51   #12

Town: Milford Haven
Boat name: Various
Make: Commercial
Length: 10m +
Engine: Screw / Voith / Jets
Send a message via MSN to Alex Brown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogMonster
What pitch prop are you running? I'm on a 17 at the moment but have a 19 on order. Wondering if I should have gone to a 21 but also worried that I might need a bigger eggwhisk on the back for that. Bit hard to scrounge props on a trial basis in this part of the world
I am currently running a 21" 'High Rake' stainless prop from Steel Developments. Although it didn't really increase the top end speed, it's a bit more resilient, and it doesn't chip from general small debris on the river like the ali prop that came with the engine was starting to.

The wiring when I had the boat was pretty tidy - I messed it all up for about 3 months, and then sorted it all out with proper length wires and zip tied it all together to make it solid after that. There isn't a great deal of room in there, purely because the battery is a bit on the big side - it may be large, but I think it's worth it though.

Try and avoid having to do anything that requires removal of the console if you can - although the thing does come off the deck, it takes about 200 small wedges to lift it up to avoid damaging the deck.... the console is sealed down with sikaflex (in my case anyway), and then the screws go through that into the deck to hold it solid. I had to use the telehandler from work to lift the console cos it weighs a fair amount.

-Alex

Old 21 June 2006, 16:26   #13

Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Brown
Try and avoid having to do anything that requires removal of the console if you can - although the thing does come off the deck, it takes about 200 small wedges to lift it up to avoid damaging the deck.... the console is sealed down with sikaflex (in my case anyway), and then the screws go through that into the deck to hold it solid. I had to use the telehandler from work to lift the console cos it weighs a fair amount.

-Alex
Good point, I had sort of assumed my console was just screwed down but maybe it is glued as well. I hope to just add one or two jockeys behind the existing one (maybe a double along the centreline), shove the battery in that (probably a much bigger battery for backup, maybe a 110Ah Td5 Discovery battery I think) and re-route the cables as the bundle of cables etc etc running across the deck is irritating me every time I trip over it

Never mind the sun starts heading back in the right direction as of tomorrow Needs to as well: Brrrrrrrr