Old 05 February 2010, 19:20   #21
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless View Post
Ill do that then ?
My apologies, my other 2/5's is beginning to have a detrimental effect on my manners, such as they are. I was referring to this:
http://rib.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34139
Old 06 February 2010, 14:01   #22

Town: telford
Make: shakespeare
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 optimax
Quote:
Originally Posted by biffer View Post
no! not this boat, trust me
its been for sale for a long time, it seems to cheap to be ok, whats wrong with it?
Old 06 February 2010, 14:54   #23

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
its been for sale for a long time, it seems to cheap to be ok, whats wrong with it?
it's an old ribtec that i did an engine box and some seating arrangement quite a few years ago, it belonged to a commercial tug guy and was well used and the balance was wrong, the jet used to push the back out of the water, i see it in portland last sept when i was down there doing my charter stuff, it's had a load of other stuff done to it but it's still in a bit of a mess
Old 08 February 2010, 15:55   #24

Town: Coventry
Boat name: Eco XR24
Make: Eco-Marine
Length: 7m +
Displacement and cabins

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffer View Post
have you guys actually built a cabin/cuddy boat yet? my advise to you would be to work out how heavy that mockup cuddy will weigh and put the same amount of weight in one of your boats and try it
Biffer, I've sent you an email - thanks for your comments. No, we haven't built a cabin/ cuddy boat yet, its just a scheme at the moment. Your comment on the displacement of the XR24 is interesting and got me to go back through our calcs. We're estimating 410 kg all-up for the standard boat (not the cabin version), excluding engine. Interestingly, that's only about 10% more than the carbon rib project: http://rib.net/forum/showthread.php?...ght=carbon+rib (assuming their Yam engine is 170 kg, their boat is 370 kg). The carbon rib aim for fuel efficiency is where we're coming from with the Eco XR24.
Old 08 February 2010, 17:17   #25

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoXR24 View Post
Biffer, I've sent you an email - thanks for your comments. No, we haven't built a cabin/ cuddy boat yet, its just a scheme at the moment. Your comment on the displacement of the XR24 is interesting and got me to go back through our calcs. We're estimating 410 kg all-up for the standard boat (not the cabin version), excluding engine. Interestingly, that's only about 10% more than the carbon rib project: http://rib.net/forum/showthread.php?...ght=carbon+rib (assuming their Yam engine is 170 kg, their boat is 370 kg). The carbon rib aim for fuel efficiency is where we're coming from with the Eco XR24.
sent you an email with my thoughts, you have to think slightly out of the box, not just how much your mouldings are going to weigh but how much the finished boat will be with driver, life jacket, anchor/chain and all the other crap we carry with us, unless your'e going to build stowage aft it will be in the front