For my circumnavigation and Pentland Firth trip I brought a 'Yak' canoe helmet. I also had some UVEX goggles.
1. £24.00 (as opposed to £130)
2. I wanted a very light helmet
3. I like to feel the wind in my face
4. Canoe helmets are designed to protect your bonce from rocks
1. A comfortable helmet
2. No bumps from the a frame etc
3. It dried out quickly
4. A satisfied customer
You can get them from any canoe shop.
Check them out here:
Highly recommended, and believe me it had a VERY stringent test. I think I'll do a write up for RI.
Keith (chief head banger) Hart