Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g
has anyone welded HDPE sheet how easy is it what sort of kit used to weld looking at a one off application.
I've done a little bit, of very basic HDPE welding. You can buy HDPE/plastic welding kit (on ebay) but for a one off it might be expensive. For very simple jobs you can use any source of heat - so a heat gun or soldering iron etc. Don't expect pretty results though.
Things to think about
1. Does it need to look good?
2. Does it need to be water tight?
3. Does it need to be strong?
4. Is the structure heavy and likely to distort when welding (as neighbouring material softens)?
5. Is it particularly fiddley / tight to get to (e.g. internal welds on a tank).
I'd say if the answer to more than 1 of those is yes, then unless you really want to learn it and buy the kit find a company to do it for you!