Old 06 February 2006, 02:11   #1

Town: Halifax
Make: Halmatic
Length: 7m +
Engine: Mercury
Halmatic Rib Information

Hi, I have purchased an older Halmatic. I would like to know what model it is , year and what is the max horse power that can be used on it and so on. I would appreciate any help. I have contacted Halmatic several times with no response. Here are some pictures of the boat.

Thanks, Paul G
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1 088.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	17396   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1 097.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	17397   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1 101.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	17398  
Old 06 February 2006, 03:23   #2

Town: Cowichan Bay
Boat name: Neptune
Make: Zodiac Hurricane
Length: 6m +
Engine: twin140 suzi 4stroke
Hello Paul,

Welcome to ribnet. Nice to see another canuck on the site. Unfortunately I dont have the answers you need. Judging from the size 22ft? I would say that max power would be twin 150 2 stokes or twin 90 4strokes due to weight. just a guess. Where did you find the boat?

take care and enjoy the new boat!!

Simon
www.oceanecoventures.com
Old 06 February 2006, 07:50   #3

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Paul hi and welcome to Ribnet. Halmatic work mainly for Gov and RN as no one else can afford there prices and can be quite difficult to extract information from. Tim is selling an Arctic at the moment so you could compare photos. http://www.sculling.org.uk/other/arctic22.zip.

Pacifics (the diesel versions) had a deck or stern plate with the year and build number so 8912 would be 1989 and the twelth boat off the production line.

We have certainly seen 2 x 115s on an Arctic before so you could change those 75s.

Pete
Old 06 February 2006, 07:51   #4

Town: Somerset
Make: Halmatic P22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 Diesel
Hi Paul,

I'm not the greatest expert, but it looks like an Arctic 22 from the eighties.
Old 06 February 2006, 14:21   #5

Town: Southampton
Boat name: SMH Rib / War Shot
Make: Ribtec / Scorpion
Length: 4m +
Engine: 100hp Yam/150hp opt
RIBase
Arctic 22s had twin 140hp Suzuki 2 strokes on them in the early 90s when the marines / MOD Police had them.
Old 06 February 2006, 16:25   #6

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Tough looking boat you have there - Halmatic have a fantastic name but supply mainly to commercial/military users - not geared up for talking to the public!!!

Have you ever had a RIB before??? Hope you have great fun with it - remember they are much better in the rough than they are in a flat calm!!!
Old 06 February 2006, 20:46   #7

Town: Looe
Make: Delta
Length: 4m +
The MoD police Artic 22's now use twin Mariner 90's but i have to say its a tad under powered. We are just about to fit a pair of 115hp Opti's to give them some more power. Will let you know how it goes. A couple of years ago they were also using Mariner 135 Carb engines, they were a bit to much, that V6 has alot of grunt hence they went for the 90's in the end.
Old 06 February 2006, 21:13   #8

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul G
Hi, I have purchased an older Halmatic. I would like to know what model it is , year and what is the max horse power that can be used on it and so on. I would appreciate any help. I have contacted Halmatic several times with no response. Here are some pictures of the boat.

Thanks, Paul G
Halifax, NS? Damn we're practically neighbours! Suspect its an Artic 22. Built as we say in england, like brick shit houses. Assuming condition is ok then a good solid boat for the North Atlantic! Where did you come across her? (I ask as I have been idly browsing for a RIB for sometime but they are as rare as rocking horse poo this side of the Atlantic.)
Old 06 February 2006, 21:35   #9

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
They are good boats but are not popular over here in the secondhand market as they are heavy (and consequently very expensive to run ) which is why the hulls usually so for about 3 to 4 k in good condition

How much is the gasoline over there!
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 February 2006, 22:48   #10

Halmatic Rib Information

The boat was purchased through a private sale but, I believe it came from a government action before that. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanEco
Hello Paul,

Welcome to ribnet. Nice to see another canuck on the site. Unfortunately I dont have the answers you need. Judging from the size 22ft? I would say that max power would be twin 150 2 stokes or twin 90 4strokes due to weight. just a guess. Where did you find the boat?

take care and enjoy the new boat!!

Simon
www.oceanecoventures.com
Old 06 February 2006, 22:53   #11

Halmatic Rib Information

Hi, the pictures of the Arctic are very close to what mine looked like when purchased. The plate was also removed from the boat before I purchased it. I would love to put 2x115s on it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7
Paul hi and welcome to Ribnet. Halmatic work mainly for Gov and RN as no one else can afford there prices and can be quite difficult to extract information from. Tim is selling an Arctic at the moment so you could compare photos. http://www.sculling.org.uk/other/arctic22.zip.

Pacifics (the diesel versions) had a deck or stern plate with the year and build number so 8912 would be 1989 and the twelth boat off the production line.

We have certainly seen 2 x 115s on an Arctic before so you could change those 75s.

Pete
Old 06 February 2006, 22:57   #12

Halmatic Rib Information

Yes, it seems to very sea worthy. I have owned a few flat bottom Zodiacs and a 18' Bombard rib. They can't touch this boat. It is no fun in calm waters! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Tough looking boat you have there - Halmatic have a fantastic name but supply mainly to commercial/military users - not geared up for talking to the public!!!

Have you ever had a RIB before??? Hope you have great fun with it - remember they are much better in the rough than they are in a flat calm!!!
Old 06 February 2006, 23:02   #13

Halmatic Rib Information

The older 75's on it are ok. It will do about 42mph empty. Very hard on Fuel. It will get out of the hole fast. Please let me know how you make out with the 115s. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodiesel
The MoD police Artic 22's nomphw use twin Mariner 90's but i have to say its a tad under powered. We are just about to fit a pair of 115hp Opti's to give them some more power. Will let you know how it goes. A couple of years ago they were also using Mariner 135 Carb engines, they were a bit to much, that V6 has alot of grunt hence they went for the 90's in the end.
Old 06 February 2006, 23:07   #14

Halmatic Rib Information

Hello NewFoundLand. I purchased it here in Nova Scotia. It was a private sale. I think it was a crown assets deal before that. I haven't seen one in Canada before. It is a nasty in rough seas. It goes through them like a snow plow. My bombard could not take the beating like this boat. I am refitting the whole boat as we speak. I can't wait to get it back in next summer. I might even be bringing it to Newfoundland this summer on a diving trip. Thanks Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Halifax, NS? Damn we're practically neighbours! Suspect its an Artic 22. Built as we say in england, like brick shit houses. Assuming condition is ok then a good solid boat for the North Atlantic! Where did you come across her? (I ask as I have been idly browsing for a RIB for sometime but they are as rare as rocking horse poo this side of the Atlantic.)
Old 06 February 2006, 23:13   #15

Halmatic Rib Information

Yes they seem to be very heavy. I am thinking a ton. That is one thing I would like to know for lifting it on a ship. It drinks fuel. And gas here right now is about $1 dollar Canadian a liter which I think is about 0.50 GBP if my math is correct. How much is it over there? Thanks, Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
They are good boats but are not popular over here in the secondhand market as they are heavy (and consequently very expensive to run ) which is why the hulls usually so for about 3 to 4 k in good condition

How much is the gasoline over there!
Old 06 February 2006, 23:53   #16

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
it varies between 90 p and a quid a litre, but if you go to the marinas you could pay around 120p
Old 07 February 2006, 00:33   #17

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Gas

Gas (Petrol) seems considerably cheaper in Canada when you simply compare price per litre and convert using the exchange rate. (Actually living and earning in UK and visiting Canada everything seems cheaper.) However when you live and earn here its a bit more expensive as a % of earnings. It is proportionally cheaper than the UK. Hence the prevalence of monster petrol engined 4x4's. Its $1.04ish in Newfoundland today.

Paul G, Sounds like an interesting project & a good way to get a good rib for a reasonable price. It'll be a world of difference from your Bombard for sure. If you head over to Newfoundland and you are coming to the Avalon then let me know if I can do anything for you. I live in Conception Bay South.

Cheers,
Alan

« Big Rib | Top | New Avon »