Old 22 June 2002, 12:24   #1

Town: London + Brighton
Boat name: TIPS
Make: Avon Adventure *FOR SALE*
Length: 5.6m
Engine: 115 Yamaha 4-Stroke
Hallmark Coaster 1

Hi,
Just bought an Avon 5.60 with a 115 Yammy, the trailor it is on though slightly concerns me, its a brand new Hallmark Roller Coaster 1 (indespension) what bothers me is that the trailor only has 8 rollers (4 each side). This doesn't seem like enough to me. Anyone else think that for a 5.6m boat that is not enough ?

Cheers
Chris
Old 22 June 2002, 21:26   #2

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
You will be fine with eight rollers. However there is a popular upgrade called the "Warrior spec" (after a pop fishing boat) if you want which replaces the front fixed rollers with another swing arm similar to the rear.

What I would recommend is the bearing protectors, brilliant bits of kit and replace the tyres. You probably have 145s but the rims will go up to 175s. They look much more sturdy and help when launching down uneven slipways or across sand / gravel. The 145s always look under inflated and don't last long. They will also propably be a cheap and nasty make. Go for something like Avon van tyres with the extra plys and they will outlast the trailer.
Old 23 June 2002, 20:28   #3

Town: Salisbury
Length: 5m +
Should i be concerned ?

I have a rollercoaster hallmark trailer and there is even less rollers each side on what is a very heavy boat ?
Old 24 June 2002, 15:12   #4

Town: London + Brighton
Boat name: TIPS
Make: Avon Adventure *FOR SALE*
Length: 5.6m
Engine: 115 Yamaha 4-Stroke
Cheers for the advice Pete : )

Cheers
Chris
Old 06 July 2002, 22:21   #5

Town: SOUTHAMPTON
Boat name: Won't get Fooled Again
Make: Ribtec
Length: 6.5
Engine: Honda 130
Pete 7,

Whats a bearing protector.....sound good I'll take a dozen. Seriously though could you give me a lttle more info on them

cheers
Stuart
Old 07 July 2002, 16:29   #6

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
They replace the wheele bearing dust caps. The bearing protector has a grease nipple and a spring which pressurises the hub with grease stopping salt water from getting inside. Brilliant bit of kit. Suggest you call into the Indespension dealer on the A27 just past the Hamble. They are pretty hopeless at servicing trailers (failed to spot the shoes were in back to front on a second hand trailer I bought last year which meant they couldn't ajust the brakes properly) but do stock most bits including the protectors. Parking is dfficult so don't take the trailer. But might be worth taking one hub for size.
Old 07 July 2002, 21:59   #7

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
yeah, the bearing protectors are good!
Get the guys to fit them - saves a lot of mess, and they'll fill the grease reservioir with waterproof grease for you as well, then just keep your own grease gun full of the same type of grease (apparently watrerproof grease doesn't take kindly to being mixed with non-waterproof. This may be an urban myth, just passing on what I was told!)

Also, talking of myths, I was also told that SUPER-UNLEADED lasts longer than ordinary unleaded... can anyone corroborate that?
Old 09 October 2012, 20:00   #8

Town: Wick Highland
Boat name: Dirty Cow
Make: Osprey Viper 525
Engine: Mariner 90HP
I have a hallmark rollercoaster 1 braked trailer, I need a new brake drum, wheel bearing and protecter cap, any suggestions of a good supplier?
Old 09 October 2012, 21:13   #9

Town: Hampshire
Boat name: Altea 2
Make: Narwhal
Engine: 90 Mariner
Hi, as Pete7 says, they're great bits of kit. Here's one I fitted to a customers' trailer when I fitted a new drum and shoes etc, during a service.

The Indespension part number is HU008. You'll also need 2 x HU013, which are the plastic caps that cover the ends and protect the grease nipple and spring.

All the best

PS. Pete's also correct about the front roller swing beam upgrade, but be careful about specifying 'Warrior', as this has extra long 'L' brackets, that hold the roller arms on. You'll probably just need normal height 'L' brackets.
Trailer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote