Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2008, 03:56   #12
Town: Cork
Boat name: Excalibur
Make: Excalibur + Zapcat
Length: 6m +
Engine: Merc120TDI,Tohatsu50
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
Behind the transom? I think waterproofing might be an issue!

Now Now John, we know what Tim meant! I personally don't like batteries at the transom - as John pointed out waterproofing is an issue f(orward or aft of the transom.) If there's significant water build up in the boat and you accelerate it out the trunk it can easly go out over the transom too swamping batteries etc.

Thanks for the notes Tim. The seller claimed the CD is waterproof 'cos I didn't think so and asked. Ditto the speakers would be drowned or mashed. Maybe not a bad thing as I personally don't hold with blasting music at other water users. I really asked to see what the seller was like - a snow job on the small stuff.....

The boat has been relisted at 5,500 but still looks expensive as it's obviously not had the TLC it got while owned on here, engine hours are probably quite serious and at 1992 those tubes have got to be nearing the end of their useable life, ditto the trailer.

Someone got a bargain on the 6.5 Northcraft - 7k with less than 200 hours on it. I had an effort to resist it as it was just too big for my slip!

Daibheid is offline   Reply With Quote