Now I underdstand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7 View Post
John, I grew up in Ainsdale

yuk.

Pete

That explains a lot!

IBWITH IBWET

I'd definitely plug the hull on your boat. the engine is heavy and that will lower the height between the transom cutout and the water. The flooding hull lowers it even more. Meaning wash can get over it easy. bit of wash boat give boat a bit of water inside, bit more wash bit more water splish splosh boat full. Bilkge pump will work until battery runs out . Electrics under Water fuel filter under water urrgghhh. been there done it threw away the tshirt. Also if you are going to rely on a bilge pump to drain the boat best buy a non stealable Solar Panel.
Old 29 March 2009, 18:31   #42
JSP

Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7 View Post
John, I grew up in Ainsdale and spent many an hour riding a trials bike across the beach and sand hills in the days when you could before the tree huggers banned anything exciting . You can launch from the beach but not on your owner it would take a 4x4 and a couple of young lads. You would have to use the gullies available at half tide. Does the sea fishing club still launch with a tractor across the beach? might be worth a chat with them.

Which is the other slip you mentioned btw?

If you do keep her on the water then you need to do something with the flooding hull, even a flap to keep the light out. If weed and soft corals start growing in there you will never be able to clean them out and it will stink when you lift it out of the water. We used to pass a 4m Avon in Strangford which lived on a mooring. The owner lived on board and this was his tender. There was a forest growing inside his hull, yuk.

Pete
Ah a Sandgrounder, oh dear I grew up in lathom near Ormskirk but married a Southport girl
Cars have very limited access now, in fact they've just cornered off a small carpark on the beach. You can't even take your dog on there! You have to walk them over the dunes for half a mile and then go onto the beach.
Ainsdale fishing club still launch off the beach using tractors and I have looked into joining. Think it was £110 a year but only runs in season and have been told there's arguments each week who'll drive the tractor. Not really my scene.
The slip I'm using now is in Frecklton not far from Preston and right under the flight path for BAE Warton. Scares the crap out of you when a euro fighter fly's low over you.
Old 29 March 2009, 18:38   #43
JSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
That explains a lot!

IBWITH IBWET

I'd definitely plug the hull on your boat. the engine is heavy and that will lower the height between the transom cutout and the water. The flooding hull lowers it even more. Meaning wash can get over it easy. bit of wash boat give boat a bit of water inside, bit more wash bit more water splish splosh boat full. Bilkge pump will work until battery runs out . Electrics under Water fuel filter under water urrgghhh. been there done it threw away the tshirt. Also if you are going to rely on a bilge pump to drain the boat best buy a non stealable Solar Panel.
I've decided I'm going to keep her on the mooring. I'm off to the UCL heart hospital one day this week which will feck me up all week. So week after next I'm gonna block the hull up using what MikeCC already had in place (MikeCC, be good to hear any input on this mate) and then anti foul.

Off the top of your head Stu, do you know where the water line is on 5.4's with out the flooding hull? And do you need to anitfoul the tubes?

Tony heart moment, please draw the water line on the image below and send it back into our gallery where we'll have a little brown plastacine man take the p!ss out of it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cbfavo-kbill-n04_c-slge.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	41497  
Old 29 March 2009, 19:04   #44

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Heres one of Matt's SR5.4's, you can see where its been antifouled so should give you some idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	searider%20mark%202%20early%20pics%20003.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	41498   Click image for larger version

Name:	searider%20mark%202%20early%20pics%20008.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	41499  
Old 29 March 2009, 19:13   #45
JSP

Cheers Phill.
What size tin do ya recon?
Old 29 March 2009, 19:52   #46

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
One litre of Seajet coastal should be enough for 3 coats.
Seajet recommend one coat but I stuck a few on my fishing boat last year and it had a growth at all.

This year I'm using International Ultra for the simple reason seajet don't do the Coastal in grey.
Old 29 March 2009, 20:21   #47
JSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
One litre of Seajet coastal should be enough for 3 coats.
Seajet recommend one coat but I stuck a few on my fishing boat last year and it had a growth at all.

This year I'm using International Ultra for the simple reason seajet don't do the Coastal in grey.
Going for black