Old 28 November 2006, 04:02   #11
Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
I looked at this one too & liked it a lot, also looked at ribeye & for me the ballistic wins! I did think this one was a bit under powered though, but 35 Knots ant too bad!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0957.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	23462   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0506.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	23463  

Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2006, 05:16   #12
Town: Galway
Boat name: rockhopper
Make: ballistic
Engine: petrol
Verado 150

Hi Guys, yeah looked at Ribtec. I think I am a fair weather ribber tho.
Dont need the Sh.. scared of me. I think I will be doing more "HarbourHopping" perhaps a few Tea time Pints than Blue Watering. Had too much of that in Off shore Yachts.

Looked at Ribtec but a bit heavy duty for me.

Hi COdprawn yeah did look at Ribs for sale, in fact studied them and Boats and Outboards stc. I nearly have a degree in the boats and prices at this stage. Thought of Verado but I guess its easier to fix drive by cable than drive by wire. I couldnt buy a 150 two stroke even tho the Etac looks cool. I guess its resale value as a Choker Stroker (regardless of how good the etec and clean it actually is) so I chickened out and went 4 stroke.

The Ballistic seem to have a good reputation and Jason was quick to get back to me and follow up somewhat.

By the way I was looking back to Jan 06 Rib Int report on the Ballistics and the 4 engines. Poor Riva took some hammering...

Here is one for you Codprawn.. Its understandable for people to go on the attack when figures are misrepresented to their gain and furthermore when compounded with what looked like a bot of arrogance poor Bas...
However Its incredible that they over looked the 8100 rpm and indeed bypassed the Low consumption of Suzuki too. What I thought was missed altogether was the very high consumption of the Verado.
Its the smallest engine size and guzzles the most juice by far. Its not from over reving so where is it gone. If I was Mercury, I would be most concerned by these figures.
Furthermore when the lads took the boat to Paris, the figures looked miles (forgive the pun) out leaving them shot at the Needles.

I think the Rib Int is a great Mag and I am looking forward to this issue which I am still waiting on.
I would agree with who ever mentioned in that report that HMS was not being himself when it came to analysing the data as anyone who was being objective would have had issues with the Figs. I know they changed teh Suzuki figs later but according to the "Rib users who have them" all these figs are south of the mark.

Any sign of the missing boy yet?

Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2006, 09:26   #13
Boat name: Challenger 2
Make: Avon
Engine: Honda 150hp
Send a message via MSN to Millermob
Aidan check your pm box.
Genuine products, low prices -
Millermob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2006, 10:05   #14
Town: London
Length: no boat
Talking of Ribcraft - has anyone seen or heard of anything on the Ribcraft 750 Sport?

BobLS is offline   Reply With Quote