Old 29 May 2013, 21:48   #41

Town: London
Length: 4m +
The video quality is amazing, less impressed with the still pics I've taken so far, although they're still better than just having an iphone :-)
Old 29 May 2013, 22:40   #42

Town: Poole
Boat name: El Mono
Make: Ribtec 9M
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 315/Bravo III
Likewise - I tried a couple of stills on Sark, just to see if I could work out how to do it! But a quick check on the computer that evening revealed less than stellar images. I'll be sticking to the 5D for still photography, but I love the GoPro for the ease of creating video just about anywhere!

I only wish the battery lasted a bit longer...!
Old 30 May 2013, 00:53   #43

Town: swanage
Make: Thundercat
Engine: Tohatsu 50
To upload it to YouTube in HD you need to make sure you save it in hd otherwise it will only upload to 480p/520p. If you save it in HD then upload it, it will automatically do it. Just give it time to process cause for the first 10 minutes or so it won't be in hd but will change eventually.

& use the adhesive mounts! Their great! If your worried about them not coming off or marking they don't! If you want to take it off just heat it with a hair dryer till it comes free
Old 30 May 2013, 19:29   #44

Make: Zodiac Mk I
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15 hp Yam two stroke
14 Boring Things GoPro Makes Awesome

14 Boring Things GoPro Makes Awesome | Gizmodo Australia
Old 02 June 2013, 22:23   #45

In the end I sent Go Pro a video (taken on an iPhone)!!! They said the LCD Backpac was probably faulty and I should return it to them. I packaged it all up and was about to send it, but before I did I asked how long it would take to refund my postage costs...at which point they said they wouldn't!!!

I thought that was pretty appalling frankly, a brand new product that they have advised me to return and they won't cover they replacement postage back to Holland!

Anyway, as I only bought it 2 weeks ago presumably I can go back to the shop tomorrow, so it may not be a big deal, but that aside, still very poor customer service from Go Pro.
Old 03 June 2013, 04:40   #46

Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
Anyway, as I only bought it 2 weeks ago presumably I can go back to the shop tomorrow, so it may not be a big deal, but that aside, still very poor customer service from Go Pro.
I think most companies warranty returns policy are through their local retail outlet. If everyone who wanted a warranty replacement was posting them from the four corners of the world the costs would be out of control.
Old 03 June 2013, 07:49   #47

Which is fine, my point was that after the initial 30 days, the only option appears to be to post the faulty item back to Holland, which seems very unfair!
Old 03 June 2013, 08:02   #48

Town: Stonehaven
Boat name: Sunday Best
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yammy 90
Thats nonsense, you should be able to return it after 30 days with a faulty screen - you could have bought it and then gone on holiday without using it.

I would say the shop has to provide warranty here.

"If your claim is about a problem that arises within six months of buying the product, it's up to the retailer to prove that the goods were of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, or as described when it sold them."

Sale of Goods Act - Which? Consumer Rights
I always apply maNthematics to my purchases - tell her it cost a chunk less than it did, then tell her I got a chunk more than I really did for the one I sold... The new purchase seldom costs a penny...
SimonCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 June 2013, 08:04   #49

Ok cool, that's good to know if anything else breaks!
Old 03 June 2013, 08:15   #50

Town: Stonehaven
Boat name: Sunday Best
Make: Tornado
Engine: Yammy 90
Quote:
Ok cool, that's good to know if anything else breaks!

Yeah mate, have a read up on the sale of goods act, its helped me a couple of times!
I always apply maNthematics to my purchases - tell her it cost a chunk less than it did, then tell her I got a chunk more than I really did for the one I sold... The new purchase seldom costs a penny...
SimonCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 June 2013, 20:01   #51

Exchanged the LCD backpac today, no difference unfortunately though, the menu screen still flickers. I suspect this is simply due to the screen so annoyingly won't go away, the video/picture quality is unaffected.

That aside, I still for some reason don't seem to be able to upload in HD, the files I have saved are 1920 x 1080, but the quality on Youtube looks very poor in comparison to the saved file on my hard drive. Is there anything I could be doing wrong?
Old 04 June 2013, 20:06   #52

Town: Cowes, Isle of Wight
Make: Zodiac Medline
Engine: Yamaha F70
Quote:
Exchanged the LCD backpac today, no difference unfortunately though, the menu screen still flickers. I suspect this is simply due to the screen so annoyingly won't go away, the video/picture quality is unaffected.

That aside, I still for some reason don't seem to be able to upload in HD, the files I have saved are 1920 x 1080, but the quality on Youtube looks very poor in comparison to the saved file on my hard drive. Is there anything I could be doing wrong?
Youtube takes about 10 minutes after it's finished uploading and processing before you can watch a video in HD. Also are you uploading the original files or have you edited them in video editing software? If you've edited them you may not be saving it in HD
Old 04 June 2013, 20:08   #53

Not edited, purely uploading the original file. I'm checking video's uploaded last week, so they should be fine theoretically :-(
Old 04 June 2013, 21:35   #54

Town: Pireus
Boat name: Joanna
Make: marin stiletto 737
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude ETEC 250
RIBase
The touch screen display.... is almost useless!!!
waist of money. with a smart phone the reasults are better and cheaper

I got one, battery is unpredictable... some times has power... sometimes not!!! some videos that I am recording (i see the red light flashing) when I go home are ... gone!!!!!!!!!)
Still I dont know!!!!!
Old 04 June 2013, 22:02   #55

Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapy View Post
IIRC they won't float a camera. Designed for keys only

No good for keeping tits up either allegedly
IIRC They'll float a 1kg concrete block. Concrete is about 40% bouyant so they would float 600g. Go pro is far less than that!