Old 22 December 2003, 12:29   #1

Town: Tampere
Make: Atlantic 21, Avon SR4.0
Length: 6,9 m
Engine: Mercury F60 EFI x2
Gecko Full-Face model

Has anyone tested Gecko Full-Face model? I mean the new version which has front protection in order to prevent face/teeth damage. I have used ordinary Geckos for couple of years, but once hit my face to steering wheel with luck - no serious injuries. I am just interested, how full-face model works and do you prefer full-face model over traditional Gecko? Does it interfere with your sight while wearing the helmet? How's the weight? Worth upgrading?

All inputs and opinions welcome!

BR

Pitkis
Old 22 December 2003, 12:50   #2

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Pitkis

There has been a lot of discussions about Gecko headgear. Some members have expressed their "against" others their "for"

Suggest you do a search and look up the earlier posts.
I for one am "for Gecko" and their MK10 with the pneumatic liner is just a great helmet , fits all size heads - You should try it and the full face visor should give you the protection you require.
as for the full face model - then not sure about that one

checkout: www.geckoheadgear.com

Andre
Old 22 December 2003, 15:58   #3

Town: Tampere
Make: Atlantic 21, Avon SR4.0
Length: 6,9 m
Engine: Mercury F60 EFI x2
Hi Andre, thanks for your reply. I read all the archives I found before I posted the question and indeed there has been extensive talk about Gecko. The reason I asked opinions was just the lack of Full Face model experiences. Finnish Lifeboat Society equipped all RIBs with Gecko helmets couple years ago, we also got new mk10 models last spring. They are a lot better than mk9 I think, which is still way much better than driving without helmet what was our earlier style. But now, while I am buing a personal helmet, I'd like to hear experiences about full face versions. Gecko website has one picture and pricing, but no further detailed information (weight...?).

BR

Pitkis