Old 02 April 2008, 22:14   #1

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
From Gdynia (PL) to Southampton (GB) by rib

My new demo rib is now ready and at last I will have the opportunity to bring it all the way by sea from Poland. What a way to make a delivery!!

The rib is of course a Parker 900RS known as "Seahawk V" and fitted out with Cummins QSD 4.2 (350HP) stern drive / Bravo 3 . This time I have gone all the way and had some toys fitted like DVD/CD player with twin Sony waterproof speakers, searchlight, electric horn and I think Chris is going to fit the FLIR Navigator so full vision at night. Northstar GPS/Sounder M121 linked by Smartcraft Gateway to the Smartcraft Viewer. also Northstar VHF radio Explorer 721 EU and compass, not to mention the required offshore pyros

The rib is a typical open one but with sleeping arrangements for two in the console which also has enough underdeck space. I intend to do some cross channel cruising this year and will take advantage of this facility for overnighting. More cash for diesel no need for hotel.

There are 4 of us doing the crossing next week ie Mirek from Poland, Peder our Scandinavian distributor, Chris my nephew and myself. We all meet up at Gdynia marina on Friday 11 April and either the same day head for Leba or the next day to Dziwnow which is at the other end of the Polish coast. The rib will have had its first service prior to the trip so hopefully a trouble free cruise.

We will be heading for the Kiel Canal and from there along the German, Dutch , Belgium and French coast to Calais where we will cross to Dover. From Dover a fast run to Southampton. (this time we will make sure to log our passage but I guess big brother will be watching anyway) All in all I expect this cruise will take up to 4 days, weather permitting.

Of course this is a pleasure cruise so some sightseeing will be called for, like visiting the Island of Helgoland when we leave the Kiel.

I will post photos after the trip together with some passage info.

Today I received the SSR number, managed to get a radio licence, Call Sign, MMSI number via the internet and most important I arranged the insurance. I had no problems in getting cover for the trip and also all year round cover for cruising to the Channel Islands

ETA Southampton Dry Stacking (weather permitting) 15/16 April

Andre
Old 02 April 2008, 22:34   #2

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
That sounds a good trip, Andre. It's still early in the year, I hope you get the weather breaks.
Old 02 April 2008, 23:35   #3

Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
I look forward to seeing you this side of the channel this summer! Good luck with the trip!
Old 03 April 2008, 08:21   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
That sounds a good trip, Andre. It's still early in the year, I hope you get the weather breaks.
So do I. This is my first demo rib without a trailer so it was either launch in Calais or do the whole trip

Best do the whole trip and why not
Old 03 April 2008, 08:23   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
I look forward to seeing you this side of the channel this summer! Good luck with the trip!

Matt, I will be there for sure. Anyway will want to see the Neptune console on your rib
Old 03 April 2008, 08:29   #6

Town: New Forest
Boat name: Charlie Brown
Make: Scorpion
Engine: 275 Verado
MMSI: 235069179
Send a message via MSN to Zippy
Fantastic trip!!

The kiel canal is a humbling experience in a small boat. i remember going through in a P67 and thinking we were tiny in the locks and compared with the other ships!

Helgoland is a funny little place. like something from the kids TV show with all them coloured houses. its a place of special scientific interest so when refuling there are no catches on the pumps to sage vetting cramp in your fingers! ok when you got small tanks but when loading 3000 L its a pain in the backside!

duty free is good there and watch out for the fast cat ferries that seem to appear from nowhere!!

good luck and look forward to some pictures!!
Old 03 April 2008, 08:45   #7

Town: Guernsey
Boat name: Monkey Nutz
Make: Cougar R8 Sport
Engine: 350Sci Verado
Hi Andre .. you new boats sounds superb!
Do you have any pix of it to show us, the console sounds interesting..
Tony
Old 03 April 2008, 09:27   #8

Town: Portsmouth
If you haven't been before I'd recommend going back on yourself and visiting Sopot. It has the longest pier in somewhere or other, and its really very nice. Gdynia is also nice, but from my experience its a very 'model town' feel .

Hope you have fun, we visited at the end of September, which was strange as we usually visit in the middle of Summer or the middle of Winter, but I was told by members of the Yacht club that this year will be really good for watersports because of developments in the area.

Hope you have a damned good cruise and enjoy the boat! more importantly enjoy Polska!!!
Old 03 April 2008, 10:24   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
If you haven't been before I'd recommend going back on yourself and visiting Sopot. It has the longest pier in somewhere or other, and its really very nice. Gdynia is also nice, but from my experience its a very 'model town' feel .

Hope you have fun, we visited at the end of September, which was strange as we usually visit in the middle of Summer or the middle of Winter, but I was told by members of the Yacht club that this year will be really good for watersports because of developments in the area.

Hope you have a damned good cruise and enjoy the boat! more importantly enjoy Polska!!!
Bigfoot

Thanks for your tips. I have been there many times . Perhaps more then I can remember
Old 03 April 2008, 10:28   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Hi Andre .. you new boats sounds superb!
Do you have any pix of it to show us, the console sounds interesting..
Tony
Tony,
The console is great with loads of space and the sleeping area goes below the deck and 2 mtr long. I do not have any good photos as yet but will post some perhaps before the trip.

Andre
Old 03 April 2008, 10:30   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
Fantastic trip!!

The kiel canal is a humbling experience in a small boat. i remember going through in a P67 and thinking we were tiny in the locks and compared with the other ships!

Helgoland is a funny little place. like something from the kids TV show with all them coloured houses. its a place of special scientific interest so when refuling there are no catches on the pumps to sage vetting cramp in your fingers! ok when you got small tanks but when loading 3000 L its a pain in the backside!

duty free is good there and watch out for the fast cat ferries that seem to appear from nowhere!!

good luck and look forward to some pictures!!
Zippy thanks for info. As it happens my tank is only 220 ltr not 3000 L so it will not be that bad. We are also going to take a couple of deck tanks just in case

Andre
Old 03 April 2008, 14:21   #12

Boat name: Grey Ghost
Make: Scorpion
Length: 10m +
Hi Andre
Sounds like a great trip ahead, so of to the world of Dry Stack i assume, did wonder how you intended to get through the Barrier at Chi Marina, have a good one.
Phil
Old 04 April 2008, 16:05   #13

Town: St Albans
Boat name: Skylark
Make: Ribcraft 585
Length: 5m +
Engine: 140 Suzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
My new demo rib is now ready and at last I will have the opportunity to bring it all the way by sea from Poland. What a way to make a delivery!!

The rib is of course a Parker 900RS known as "Seahawk V" and fitted out with Cummins QSD 4.2 (350HP) stern drive / Bravo 3 . This time I have gone all the way and had some toys fitted like DVD/CD player with twin Sony waterproof speakers, searchlight, electric horn and I think Chris is going to fit the FLIR Navigator so full vision at night. Northstar GPS/Sounder M121 linked by Smartcraft Gateway to the Smartcraft Viewer. also Northstar VHF radio Explorer 721 EU and compass, not to mention the required offshore pyros

The rib is a typical open one but with sleeping arrangements for two in the console which also has enough underdeck space. I intend to do some cross channel cruising this year and will take advantage of this facility for overnighting. More cash for diesel no need for hotel.

There are 4 of us doing the crossing next week ie Mirek from Poland, Peder our Scandinavian distributor, Chris my nephew and myself. We all meet up at Gdynia marina on Friday 11 April and either the same day head for Leba or the next day to Dziwnow which is at the other end of the Polish coast. The rib will have had its first service prior to the trip so hopefully a trouble free cruise.

We will be heading for the Kiel Canal and from there along the German, Dutch , Belgium and French coast to Calais where we will cross to Dover. From Dover a fast run to Southampton. (this time we will make sure to log our passage but I guess big brother will be watching anyway) All in all I expect this cruise will take up to 4 days, weather permitting.

Of course this is a pleasure cruise so some sightseeing will be called for, like visiting the Island of Helgoland when we leave the Kiel.

I will post photos after the trip together with some passage info.

Today I received the SSR number, managed to get a radio licence, Call Sign, MMSI number via the internet and most important I arranged the insurance. I had no problems in getting cover for the trip and also all year round cover for cruising to the Channel Islands

ETA Southampton Dry Stacking (weather permitting) 15/16 April

Andre
Good luck AndreKeep safe
(My boat is now at SDS and very happy with the service to date)
Andrew
Old 08 April 2008, 07:18   #14

Been away from a few days ribbing up in Bonnie Scotland actually in the Hebrides where I was handing over a twin diesel Parker 1000Baltic. What a fantastic place. The seas up there are just very big

Anyway the trip is on and I will up date you this evening perhaps even post some photos if I get any from Chris
Old 08 April 2008, 07:20   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edges View Post
Good luck AndreKeep safe
(My boat is now at SDS and very happy with the service to date)
Andrew
Andrew, hopefully we can do more cruising now
Old 08 April 2008, 07:21   #16

Town: St Albans
Boat name: Skylark
Make: Ribcraft 585
Length: 5m +
Engine: 140 Suzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Been away from a few days ribbing up in Bonnie Scotland actually in the Hebrides where I was handing over a twin diesel Parker 1000Baltic. What a fantastic place. The seas up there are just very big

Anyway the trip is on and I will up date you this evening perhaps even post some photos if I get any from Chris
Its a tough job but somebody has to do it !!!!!!
Old 09 April 2008, 14:54   #17

Seahawk V

Just got these two photos from the yard. The rib is now on route to Gdynia where Chris will clock on some hours and have the first service done.

We are leaving as planned of course weather permitting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Seahawk V 007 (Medium).JPG
Views:	268
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	33920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seahawk V 008 (Medium).JPG
Views:	222
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	33921  
Old 17 April 2008, 21:15   #18

We are back having covered close to 1000Nm Nm

The route
Gdynia - Leba-Dziwnow-Kiel kanal (70km mark)-Helgoland-Den Herder to refuel-Felixstowe-Littlehamton-Southampton

photos to follow
Old 17 April 2008, 21:28   #19

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Excellent and well done.

Old 17 April 2008, 21:44   #20

Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t