Originally Posted by Louise
OK. Here are a few suggested topics to get us started:
* What do I need to go abroad?
* What do I need to own/operate a VHF?
* Legalities of towing & trailers
* 2 stroke 4 stroke debate - pros and cons
* Diesel/petrol debate - pros and cons
* Reports on engines - good experiences & bad experiences
* Reports on RIBs - good experiences & bad experiences
* Places to visit by RIB (inc. pubs, accommodation, etc) - Solent, East Coast, North Wales & West, Scotland, South West, Thames, etc
* Training - summary of PB1, PB2, Intermediate & Advanced; where to get training
* Gadgets - must haves; flush/bracket mounted - pros & cons; good/bad experiences
* How to... (e.g. change an impeller; find out best prop pitch size; DRILL A HOLE!!! etc)
* What to wear & where to buy it
* Weather websites
Your thoughts, ladies & gents, please!
P.S. I realise some of these are a little contentious but a bit of debate is healthy, isn't it?
Sorry Louise , cant resist to be "stupid"
1, going abroad - Money, CPI, third part cover, SSR certificate, common sense
2. VHF -license from the GPO
3. trailers: MMA not to be exceeded. ( Plate on towing vehicle - normally
3500 kgs for a " car": and between 5000 and 7500 kgs for a " mans"
vehicle ( range rover, not the japanese muck.The MMA is 'maximum mass
alloed and is vehicle+trailer+boat + grandmother+kids and shopping basket
4. 2t vs 4t . Two strole any day.
5. Only one good engine manufacturer "YAMAHA"
6. Ribs - only one good one - the one that is still Ok after 10 years.
7. Places to visit - Belgium for food, drink and ****
8. Training - DIY
9, Gadgets -Garnin GPS, Flosan fuel meters, JRC radar, and a good mobile
10 wear what - clothes dear
11 weather BBC weather forecast.
how baout that??