Old 09 June 2005, 11:19   #11
Town: Coltishall/Hyeres
Boat name: Mazarine Blue
Make: Ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 80HP
John super photos we live roughly between the two kites you can see on the photo of plage de l,Almanarre (on the far shore) and thanks for the ad.offer but my business is Pharmaceuticals and therfore I can only advertise to the Trade.
Regards Jonathan

Mazarine Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 June 2005, 13:01   #12
Town: Wrington
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: Evinrude
Jonathan, thanks for the great reply and info on the campsite and launching etc. Thanks also to John for those fantastic photos! We have booked for the summer now, but will definitely be pencilling in this region for the future, it looks superb, and we are very green with envy that you are fortunate enough to have a house there!

We have settled on Argeles sur Mer which is very close to the Spanish border with France on the med side, and we believe it to be very picturesque - once south of the very long sandy beaches. We think that it is possible to launch at the harbour there - although emails to tourist office are as yet unanswered! The campsite "Camping La Marende" is more than happy for us to keep our boat there, and although there is no launching from site, it is very close to the beach. The kids are very happy!

I shall try to post our experiences - which will hopefully be great - on our return, but until then I hope everybody has a great summer.

Regards, Jo.

Wrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2005, 17:29   #13
Town: Havant
Boat name: Mrs Chips
Make: Scorpion
Length: 7m +
Engine: Optimax 225
There are not many slipways in the Cannes to Monaco stretch of the coast but several Boatyards (Chantier Navale) who would launch for you - Antibes - Baie des Anges etc. The problem will be storage of the trailer - there are several large warehouses up the Var river behind Nice airport that may help. Also I believe some storage in the Golfe Juan area. Bon Chance!

Marki is offline   Reply With Quote