Old 09 October 2005, 10:56   #1

Town: Beds
Make: Avon S250
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15HP Evinrude
Force 4 research

Hi everyone,
I have been offered a force 4 rib + dt28hp + trailer as a package and I`m trying to research a little information. The guy selling is a lttle vague about the boat although he assures me that it has no punctures, repairs or scuffs. The engine I am ok with as I`ve tinkered with a few in my time. I just wondered if anyone could tell me a little more about the boats capabilities, passenger limits and so on.
I`ve allready got a river/estuary cruiser however the world of the rib is completely new to me so any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Andy
Old 09 October 2005, 11:28   #2

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
Would this be the one in Diss by any chance???

I contacted him about this and I was on the verge of buying it (cos he was doing me a very good price). Then he kept moving the goal posts and generally messing me around. If I were you I would steer clear; the engine cowl is very tatty and needs repainting, the pull-start doesn't work at the moment, and he has never actualy seen the engine running. The trailer has been repainted so presumably is a bit of a rust heap. As for the boat it's self, it's pretty dirty.

Still if you can get it for a reallyyy good price then you havn't got much to loose
Old 09 October 2005, 11:33   #3

Town: Beds
Make: Avon S250
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15HP Evinrude
Thanks

Hi Tim,
Yes, this is the man from Diss. I offered him a SILLY price about 3 weeks ago and I got an email last night accepting the offer. Have you seen the boat in the flesh so to speak??
Old 09 October 2005, 11:57   #4

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
I havn't seen it in the flesh but I have spoken to him (or his son?) extensivly and seen a number of photos of it. I offered him £400 originally but he riased it to £600 then back to £500 without the engine. I got so confused I told I wasnt interested.