Old 31 January 2010, 14:19   #51
Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
Originally Posted by Ian M View Post
Might have to eat a large slice of humble pie
Went out for a quick wiz today, and back on the slip I discovered a small problem-ette, that I think I have had since I got the boat on the water.
Don't want to go into details here, but dealing with it should fix any trim problems I have had
Really looking forward to the next outing
Let me guess.

The rod at the bottom of the trim bracket was set to far out meaning you could not trim in all the way

I have mine set on the No.1 hole that allows the engine to trim in all the way. Although dont be fooled it is not the hole closest to the transom but the one above it.

Chris Stevens

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2010, 12:37   #52
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
A friend of mine has a Ribcraft 6.5 with a really good white round deck hatch made of what looks like polypropylene, with a very effective rubber seal. It has a large 'U' shaped stainless 'key' which fits into a couple of blind holes in the deckplate to unscrew it from the housing. We had to check the transducer a couple of months back, and it was really dry in the void, so the hatch/deckplate did the job very well.
I found the name of the manufacturer of these hatches the other day. It's Bailey Marine.

Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote