Old 02 May 2017, 17:56   #11

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadam View Post
Wow, Amazing catch.
i just hope she doesnt spend the rest of her life trying to beat that one, if she never does ? then the memory will be all the more amazing , and as fisher folk we all know it gets bigger and harder to land every time she tells the story

I'm sure there will be bigger fish she catches as her skill in the sport has already gained her two sponsors in the short time she's been doing this. Her next spearfishing comp she will be fishing in a brand new boat launched on the day that does over 70 mph by one of Australia's leading comercial boatbuilders.

The difference with this species is they are particularly tough, the toughest fish I've ever targeted on rod and line anywhere in the world. Marlin, tuna and sharks may have size on their side but these are the ultimate in tough dirty fighters. Targeting tuna and marlin are more a case of shooting a fish in deep water and letting the floats do the work. If you take a look at this link you will see why these are one of our favorate species to target Go Deep for Big Kings: Downrigging - Fishing World