The 40hp Mariner was running a bit rough but with a new Impeller, Gear Oil and seals, Anode, Fuel Pump, spark plugs and fresh Fuel its firing up and running well now.
One issue i had was my paranoia on an engine fail out at sea. So with a post on here and an Internet search on fitting an auxiliary with the moulded deck being in the way turning up a blank, I decided to fabricate something.
With some 45mm Aluminium box section, 20mm Nylon Strip, 4.5mm Polypropelene sheet, 316 A4 stainless bolts, nuts etc and some 45mm plastic end caps I got going. By using the existing holes used for mounting the fuel filter and the towing clip it fit nicely -
Now i needed to find an engine to mount on it!. Managed to find a decent tohatsu 3.5 locally which fits the bill -
Next up was the Deck area. Fuel Tank was initialy at the back but its now up front with the fuel line running through the console through a new fuel line, fuel bulb and fuel filter.
A bit more safety equipment -