Old 19 August 2011, 08:26   #1

Town: Yeovil
Boat name: Gert Lush
Make: ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Fake ribcraft

Just thought you should be aware of a RIB on e bay that is being passed off as a RIBCRAFT 7.8 and it is not one of our Hulls.
We Re-tubed the Boat about 3 Years ago so it may look like our RIB but is a 90 ies Chinook from memory.
I have contacted the seller and he is not interested in correcting the listing and fleebay are not really interested.
Buyer beware...

RIB 2008 7.8 M RIBCRAFT WITH 50K WORTH OF EXTRAS L@@K | eBay
Old 19 August 2011, 08:42   #2

Town: Dartmouth
Boat name: TIDEL III
Make: AVON SEARIDER
fake ribcraft

razzer there was and advert on ebay saying that i had tubed a boat i contacted them explaing that it was fraud and against trade descriptions ect it was removed very quickly
Old 19 August 2011, 08:59   #3

Town: Rosas
Boat name: Conqueror
Make: Valiant
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard 150hp Merc
Send a message via Skype™ to Courageous
"CON TROLLS" says it all really!

Says he has it advertised on boats and outboards too - they are very good at removing adverts that are false or scams.

There was an issue on there around 6 months ago with a pseudo Osprey by the name of "Time thief". I was speaking with Roy at Mannings Marine and he told me it was not an osprey and took on the issue from there.
Old 19 August 2011, 09:00   #4

Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Worth a call to North Wales Trading Standards?
Old 19 August 2011, 09:07   #5

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
I suspected it wasn't a Ribcraft when I saw the Osprey 'Ranger' console fitted.
Old 19 August 2011, 09:27   #6

Town: Chester le Street
Length: no boat
I saw the advert and have placed a `Report item` notification to Ebay. My mate was nearly taken in for a moment until his friend said there was something not right about the way it looks.
Old 19 August 2011, 09:37   #7

Contacting e bay

Its a nightmare getting hold of Ebay I have e mailed them but they must have so manycomplaints it cannot be managable I will post up his reply when challenged. you will notice he has linked a youtube video which my computer savvy son posted a comment on the video saying it was not a Ribcraft and then he diabled comments on the page...
The sad thing is that someone will buy the RIB and contact us for support and then they will be really upset that they have bought a much older boat than claimed..by about 20 years
Old 19 August 2011, 10:46   #8

Town: Northampton
Make: RibTec
Engine: Outbaord mariner 75
Well I had to ask Didnt I :-)

here is Her answer... bit odd in the language ?

hi the guy that's buying the rib as had it served and the hull is a bespoke hull which cost 40k extra and then tubed by ribcraft and then set up by advanced marine with a 2010 mercruiser at a cost of 30k and then the extras on top and i have accepted an offer becuase im skint
- emma!08
Old 19 August 2011, 11:57   #9

Reply to e bay question

i ASKED ABOUT THE PROVIDENCE OF THE BOAT

i have taken a deposit on the boat . bespoke hull chosen especially for the craft when it was put together in 2008 and finished 2009 ribcraft are crap thin hulls the boat was served today and come back 100% rib craft did the tubes and advanced did the engine this was a one off boat i wish i could of kept it
Old 19 August 2011, 17:24   #10
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
And oddly, from the listing, a couple of minutes after you posted :-

Quote:
just spoke to slr marine services who had the rib put together the hull is bespoke hull purchased 2008 at 40k and then sent to rib-craft to be tubed in 2009 at a cost of £7500 and then sent to advanced to have the engine upgrade with a 2010 mercruiser bravo one this is a one off rib with all the extras i have receipts in excess of 100k this was a one off rib and for that reason i have now decided to keep the rib i don't want to bin it off for 15k sorry to the 176 watches . if still genunine interest ring me

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2011, 18:05   #11

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
It's obviously a fake, look how nicely that hatch has been finished
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2011, 18:05   #12

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Engine: Etec 90
Fekin lol... .... And not so funny really .. some people are just muppets and ill informed ? still .. it could have been another Vibromax
Old 19 August 2011, 18:13   #13

Town: Plymouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courageous
"CON TROLLS" says it all really!

Says he has it advertised on boats and outboards too - they are very good at removing adverts that are false or scams.

There was an issue on there around 6 months ago with a pseudo Osprey by the name of "Time thief". I was speaking with Roy at Mannings Marine and he told me it was not an osprey and took on the issue from there.
I actually listed that "Osprey" at the time having bought it from Boatshed Bristol where it was sold to me as being an osprey hard nose with official bill of sales from past purchases all showing the same. Apparently it was also coded at one point with the same being advised.

The listing actually suggested that it was believed to be an osprey but not confirmed. Roy did get in touch and I made potential buyers aware of the confusion.

For the record though I disagree that the site are good to remove scams. It's full of them. I can give 15 examples of fake listings (where no item is actually in hand to sell). One of my own boats is currently being scammed on the site at the moment. A Ranieri revolution priced at £5995 - they've scammed the original eBay listing and pictures I bought it from (for 5k) and priced it up stupidly low at £3,800. The problem is some numpty will fall for it and lose their money - plus it's ruined my chances to sell it as people think I'm scamming or asking well over the odds for it. Do the website owners give a Monkeys ? Yeah right!

For the record im Boatsandoutboards4sale and nothing to do with the site - my ID is what it is as that's the max letters available and as close as I can get to my business name

Peter @ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
Old 19 August 2011, 18:13   #14
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
still .. it could have been another Vibromax

It's quite a common ploy these days. I've seen three fake Redbays for sale over here in the last two years. HQ don't seem to get too stressed about it.
Old 19 August 2011, 18:35   #15

Town: Rosas
Boat name: Conqueror
Make: Valiant
Engine: Outboard 150hp Merc
Send a message via Skype™ to Courageous
Peter I know you ended up selling that boat, I recognise your video's as they are very thorough and your voice very recognisable. I opted out of "time thief" prior to your getting hold of it ( I guess you were selling her on a commission basis for the owner who refused to accept that it was not an osprey). I was actually very disappointed when Roy told me as I had to have something that had traceable history and she certainly was a fast boat at a good price!

I also agree boats and outboards are not pro-active at spotting the scams, they rely on being told by busy bodies like me but I have to step in and do all I can to slow down the scammers progress. What B&O do though is react promptly when you have brought it to their attention IMHO.
Old 19 August 2011, 18:43   #16

Town: Plymouth
As with most of my boats I buy them in full then re-sell. I bought it off him via boat shed.

I've reported the scam on my boat but it's still live....

Peter @ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007