Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 02 May 2014, 08:47   #61
Member
 
Low Flyer's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Portsmouth
Boat name: Cinsirrah III
Make: Oceans
Length: 8m +
Engine: Twin D3 160 Diesels
MMSI: 235089712
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 462
I'm with Boris and Wibs on this,he could have made a better effort to show the KC rather than his nice watch. Maybe if he was sponsored by A kill cord manufacturer he would have a different approach.
__________________

__________________
Low Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2014, 08:59   #62
RIBnet supporter
 
bartiny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Accrington
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Flyer View Post
I'm with Boris and Wibs on this,he could have made a better effort to show the KC rather than his nice watch. Maybe if he was sponsored by A kill cord manufacturer he would have a different approach.
Again point taken and I agree with you on that point.

But that was not my point, my point was that you/we should not jump to conclusions based on a photograph/screenshot, as it is not clear if he is wearing the kill cord or not, thats all I am saying.
__________________

__________________
bartiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2014, 09:04   #63
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,928
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats&Outboards View Post
That picture is a screen shot from a TV show he did on Discovery, last night 9pm. This clearly shows footage of him using the boat at speed with no cord!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartiny View Post
Ok point taken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartiny View Post
You are missing the point, the point is it was said that he was not wearing the kill cord, from that photo you can not tell if he IS or IS NOT so should not jump to conclusions. is that too hard for you to understand LIKE.

JUST MY OPINION LIKE!!
Would you like me to hold your shovel, 'cos you must be tired?

People expressed the opinion that he wasn't wearing a killcord. It turned out they were correct. Whether they have better eyesight than you or are just good guessers doesn't really matter IMO. Never mind killcords, I'd enjoy seeing a bit of manners in this total non-debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartiny View Post
Again point taken and I agree with you on that point.

But that was not my point, my point was that you/we should not jump to conclusions based on a photograph/screenshot, as it is not clear if he is wearing the kill cord or not, thats all I am saying.
If you get MY point?
__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2014, 09:12   #64
RIBnet supporter
 
bartiny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Accrington
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Would you like me to hold your shovel, 'cos you must be tired?

People expressed the opinion that he wasn't wearing a killcord. It turned out they were correct. Whether they have better eyesight than you or are just good guessers doesn't really matter IMO. Never mind killcords, I'd enjoy seeing a bit of manners in this total non-debate.



If you get MY point?
They had not seen the programme so yes they are good guessers.

Yes already said point taken or do you have a problem reading.

I did not start the SHOUTING I was responding to it.
__________________
bartiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2014, 09:18   #65
Member
 
tonto's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Zummerset
Boat name: irven arlyss
Make: Humber Oceanpro
Length: 6m +
Engine: evinrude 135hp
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartiny View Post
Exactly!! based on that photograph its your opinion not fact, and that is my point it could be attatched you cannot see the end of it so you cannot prove that he is not wearing the kill cord you can only assume and we know that when you assume it makes an ASS of U and ME.



In this country we are innocent untill proven guilty, we do not convict on an assumption.



Again i rest my case

I understand your point, but again I am concerned with the image portrayed. I am sure that most would agree that the wearing of kill cords is to be encouraged, and with Bear being a role model for so many young people, he should behave responsibly, and show he is obviously wearing one.

The people who may be looking up to Bear would not automatically think that the boat MAY not be in the water, or MAY not have the engine running, etc etc. The influence of images of role models is quiet significant, as many advertising agencies would confirm.

We are not trying him in a court of law, only the normal rib net kangaroo court!
__________________
tonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2014, 09:20   #66
RIBnet supporter
 
bartiny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Accrington
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto View Post
I understand your point, but again I am concerned with the image portrayed. I am sure that most would agree that the wearing of kill cords is to be encouraged, and with Bear being a role model for so many young people, he should behave responsibly, and show he is obviously wearing one.

The people who may be looking up to Bear would not automatically think that the boat MAY not be in the water, or MAY not have the engine running, etc etc. The influence of images of role models is quiet significant, as many advertising agencies would confirm.

We are not trying him in a court of law, only the normal rib net kangaroo court!
Fully agree with all your comments/points
__________________
bartiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2014, 09:23   #67
Member
 
jlandells's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Swindon
MMSI: 235910561
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 89
It's worth noting though, that in spite of what Mr G *should* be doing, he's actually just following the same practise as SeaLegs themselves are demonstrating in their own training videos!
__________________
jlandells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2014, 09:26   #68
Member
 
jlandells's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Swindon
MMSI: 235910561
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 89
Changing the topic very slightly, I recently rented a centre console boat on the river Rhine in Germany and before pulling away from the dock, I automatically strapped the killcord round my leg. I was told very clearly by the owner of the rental company that I should ABSOLUTELY NOT use that thing, as it could cause my engine to stop if I pull it out!

So much for "compulsory licensing".....!
__________________
jlandells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2014, 09:34   #69
Member
 
Festinghouse's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Chorley / Holyhead
Boat name: Northwind Challenger
Make: Tornado
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mariner 115 efi CT
MMSI: 235080598
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,398
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Festinghouse
brilliant!
__________________
"Life may often suck, but the alternative is unacceptable"
MMSI Sticker

Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
Festinghouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2014, 09:38   #70
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: 'Mojo'
Make: Searider
Length: 4m +
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 398
Ermm....

At what point did I agree with forum members that he ISN'T wearing a killcord.?

That's right, re read the entire thread- you'll find I haven't.

Well done for making a fool of yourself.....and erm...that's right,

JUMPING TO A CONCLUSION.
__________________

__________________
Wibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.