Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 26 March 2014, 16:24   #1
Member
 
hadd's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Manchester
Boat name: "mr Jingles"
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 130 Etec
MMSI: 235074968
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,388
RIBase
Etec 300hr or 3yr Service

Hi, can any evinrude engineers or dealers or anyone that services etec engines tell me what list of jobs that should be done on the engine for its first 300hr or 3yr service thanks
__________________

__________________
Member of S.A.B.S NW Division
All good thing's come to those who wait!!.
hadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2014, 11:27   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,013
Water pump impeller change, inspect housing for wear

New spark plugs

Gearbox oil

Print out engine report look for any recurring faults check for engine software updates

Thermostat inspection / test / replace

Fuel filter change... remote and engine

Check control cables

Remove prop and grease prop shaft

Replace anodes

Found this service kit available from US for $250 look on etec owners forum...

-----------------------

Here is the kit for your 115 and 130 E-ETEC's. Please note you will need to include your model number as some parts are different. That way we know you are getting the correct parts.

2 - 5005440 thermostat
2 - 331188 oring
2 - 339044 seal
4 - Champion Spark Plugs
1 - Fuel filter. Number depends on model number
1- Water pump kit. Number depends on model number
2 - 311598 drain screw seal
1 - 778748 gearlube kit with pump
1 - 436745 anode
1 - 5007089 anode
1 - 306745 cotter pin
__________________

__________________
---------------------------------------------------
Chris Stevens

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2014, 13:09   #3
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,271
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadd View Post
Hi, can any evinrude engineers or dealers or anyone that services etec engines tell me what list of jobs that should be done on the engine for its first 300hr or 3yr service thanks
Maybe you could get it done by Race Marine who supplied and Rigged it when your down this way in the Summer Mate?
I can certainly vouch for him!
__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2014, 17:33   #4
Member
 
hadd's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Manchester
Boat name: "mr Jingles"
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 130 Etec
MMSI: 235074968
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,388
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Water pump impeller change, inspect housing for wear New spark plugs Gearbox oil Print out engine report look for any recurring faults check for engine software updates Thermostat inspection / test / replace Fuel filter change... remote and engine Check control cables Remove prop and grease prop shaft Replace anodes Found this service kit available from US for $250 look on etec owners forum... ----------------------- Here is the kit for your 115 and 130 E-ETEC's. Please note you will need to include your model number as some parts are different. That way we know you are getting the correct parts. 2 - 5005440 thermostat 2 - 331188 oring 2 - 339044 seal 4 - Champion Spark Plugs 1 - Fuel filter. Number depends on model number 1- Water pump kit. Number depends on model number 2 - 311598 drain screw seal 1 - 778748 gearlube kit with pump 1 - 436745 anode 1 - 5007089 anode 1 - 306745 cotter pin
Thanks Chris
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S NW Division
All good thing's come to those who wait!!.
hadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2014, 18:35   #5
Member
 
Jeff Hutcheon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: wirral
Boat name: midlife Too
Make: COBRA
Length: 6m +
Engine: 15O E-TEC
MMSI: one day !!
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadd View Post
Thanks Chris
Have you got anyone in mind?
__________________
MEMBER OF S.A.B.S. (WIRRAL DIVISION)
Jeff Hutcheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2014, 10:02   #6
Member
 
hadd's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Manchester
Boat name: "mr Jingles"
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 130 Etec
MMSI: 235074968
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,388
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hutcheon View Post
Have you got anyone in mind?
It had its first service last yr Jeff they didn't change the water pump when they did the service I've been having high temp problem.
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S NW Division
All good thing's come to those who wait!!.
hadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2014, 10:06   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadd View Post
It had its first service last yr Jeff they didn't change the water pump when they did the service I've been having high temp problem.
In that case don't take it back to whoever did the last service what is it with these feckwits.

3 years for a waterpump is pushing it already. even if it looks ok the Impellor will have stiffened and won't be as effective.

Just do it yourself, at least you know it will have been done properly !
__________________
---------------------------------------------------
Chris Stevens

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2014, 10:28   #8
Member
 
Jeff Hutcheon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: wirral
Boat name: midlife Too
Make: COBRA
Length: 6m +
Engine: 15O E-TEC
MMSI: one day !!
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadd View Post
It had its first service last yr Jeff they didn't change the water pump when they did the service I've been having high temp problem.
Who did it? Lpb? Is the w,pump inc in the service price with plugs ,filters, oil etc
__________________
MEMBER OF S.A.B.S. (WIRRAL DIVISION)
Jeff Hutcheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2014, 13:06   #9
Member
 
hadd's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Manchester
Boat name: "mr Jingles"
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 130 Etec
MMSI: 235074968
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,388
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
In that case don't take it back to whoever did the last service what is it with these feckwits. 3 years for a waterpump is pushing it already. even if it looks ok the Impellor will have stiffened and won't be as effective. Just do it yourself, at least you know it will have been done properly !
You'd think for the price they charge Chris for a service they would do it right first time 400 & 65 of that was for parts plugs - oil-fuel filter rest was labour & vat
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S NW Division
All good thing's come to those who wait!!.
hadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2014, 13:34   #10
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
I gave up with main dealer servicing a couple of years back, a guy in caernarfon services the Honda 150 now, maybe missing out on the warranty but at least it's getting a proper service, peace of mind goes a long way!
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Wirral Division)
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.