I'm hot on the heels of a new RIB (having spent a very useful day at RIBex - thanks to Tim for the tickets) and was wondering about items that we should buy for the boat. Not an exhaustive list, just the essentials. There will be four of us - 2 adults, 2 children
1) Lifejackets - 2 inflatable types, 2 floatation types for a 7 and 11 year old
2) Inshore type waterproof/warm jackets
3) Extendible hook type thing for retrieving hats/sunglasses etc blown overboard!
4) Almanac for the Solent?
6) Jerry can and funnel for emergency fuel.
7) Waterproof large grip type bag
Is there anything else you would add?
Is there a decent on-line supplier for such items?
Is Cowes costly to go shopping for this stuff?
I'm sorted on my training and will arrange instruction to RYA2 before even being let loose! I took a RIB (under supervision) from Cowes to Portsmouth including mooring yesterday and other than calling QHM (which I didn't do) to cross, felt moderately pleased as punch!!