Old 12 October 2006, 17:16   #11

Town: Midlands
Make: RNLI Y-Class
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury 15hp 2st
RIBase
I have also sold a couple of outboards through ebay. They were both sold successfully and the buyers were pleased. Each time the buyer collected and I showed it them running. However I would prefer to buy through boatsandoutboards as there is no legal contract like with ebay.

I was very foolish to send this payment and I will always view an outboard before buying in the future. A video of the outboard running is a very good idea.

Unfortunatly secondhand outboards seem quite rare where I live. Incidently the ones that do come up for sale usually have been used in fresh water only and have had quite an easy life. Its very rare to see anything over 25hp though.

Old 12 October 2006, 23:49   #12
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
RIBase
I've sold loads too with no problems.

Dan Cooper is fairly identifiable by his writing style and the area-if in doubt don't buy it.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2006, 06:16   #13

Town: PORTSMOUTH
Make: Avon 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 60FE -
yeah with a copy of todays newspaper in view aswell jut incase its an old vid of it running, (hence possibly why its being sold) cant cheat that ey
Old 26 October 2006, 18:50   #14

Town: suffolk
Length: 6m +
Im Not As Bad As U Make Out!

Hello, seeing as u are slating me here i thought id come on and sort things out, i can think of a few problems, ie an old b100 that my parcel company wouldnt take (Foottitt!) refunded. a 4.5 evinrude which got sent claimed never arrived, refunded. i have had a couple of problems lately but i looked through my receipt i spent over 1,000 at the post office in 8 weeks sending parts out without adding DHL, PF etc. so come on everyone makes mistakes and if i was that out of order to obtin money by deception id do it for a few thousand not 200 quid for a old outboard... i am sorting anyone with a problem out - i check my email riversend@hotmail.co.uk so dont go giving me a bad name - i can help a lot of people out i have a 40ft container worth of good quality 80s 90s 00 spares. look forward to hearing from anyone. also the reason my id riversendmarine was booted from ebay was because I didnt complete transaction for 3 items and got unpaid item strikes!!
Old 27 October 2006, 04:58   #15

Boat name: Seashell
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Inboard diesel
I havnt had any dealings with you and dont know the ins and outs of this thread. However it has got me asking the question how someone gets into a such mess if they genuinely are selling the items as described. I have been selling (mainly boaty stuff) on ebay since 2002. Yes I have had incidents where people havn't been happy with whatever it is they have bought and there have been a few cases where things have got "lost" in the post. Yet, to date, I have a feedback of over 400, all 100% positive. Im not knocking you but how come you've left it so late before trying to sort this out?
IMHO people who abuse ebay and sell complete crap undermine the system and devalue it for the rest of us. Again Im not tarnishing you with the same brush (that is unless you really are ripping people off) its just this is a subject which I feel quite strongly about (as a self confessed ebay addict).
Old 27 October 2006, 05:36   #16

hi tim, the stuff i sell is high quality as new used parts but im moving to a boatyard, its not much of a mess just 3 people awaiting on small engines which im sending out today and 2 people need a refund but youy know what its like it doesnt take many to cause a problem, i have a 40ft containers worth of spare parts - all working good condition electricals, gearboxes, powerheads, starter motors. not a lot i dont have!!!
Old 27 October 2006, 06:02   #17

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
I see Samt is a student who tried to buy a Mariner 6 off you. Did he get all his money back or just half of it ?

Peter
Old 27 October 2006, 06:38   #18

I am sending his Engine and prop as ordered today and will not be chasing the money he hass been refunded, ie he is getting it half price.
Old 27 October 2006, 06:49   #19

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by riversendmarine View Post
I am sending his Engine and prop as ordered today and will not be chasing the money he hass been refunded, ie he is getting it half price.
That would be a good result for a young student, thank you.

Peter
Old 27 October 2006, 08:07   #20

No problem, thanks for understanding