Click Here to Login

Old 15 August 2007, 13:22   #61

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
looks like it is getting sorted out, but this type of behavior is not very helpful.
Old 15 August 2007, 15:02   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Would you mind explaining how, given the text below you seem to think a conditional discharge doesn't equate to a police record? You're just the kind of cowboy operator that we're better off without. I assume you're going to tell us the MCGA are liars?

It's a very poor excuse for a human being that hides behind laws and loopholes.
Conditional discharge linked to 6 month suspended sentence! All spent with no convictions during that period or thereafter. Therefore no record.

It must also be remembered that we have an impeccable safety record. More as a result of experience and common sense of the team rather than clipping a clothes peg to our nose and bathing in health and safety bollocks!
Old 15 August 2007, 17:03   #63

Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Blitter View Post
Conditional discharge linked to 6 month suspended sentence! All spent with no convictions during that period or thereafter. Therefore no record.

It must also be remembered that we have an impeccable safety record. More as a result of experience and common sense of the team rather than clipping a clothes peg to our nose and bathing in health and safety bollocks!
sorry to spoil things, but the very fact that you where arrested in the first place means you have a criminal record. the only difference being is you will not have to state you have one after your conviction is considered spent, unless what ever it is you are applying for i.e. jobs or visa to visit usa then they are exempt fron the act and have to be made known. once anyone is arrested then a record exists forever. trust me look it up send for your crb file. will cost 10 pounds.
cheers
Old 15 August 2007, 17:33   #64

Length: no boat
There is hope in sight....
Today i received a tracking number from RBS and i tracked it on UPS website and something is on the way.

So please slow down and let us see wat's in the box from RBS...

Jorgen
Old 15 August 2007, 17:37   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by The great dane View Post
There is hope in sight....
Today i received a tracking number from RBS and i tracked it on UPS website and something is on the way.

So please slow down and let us see wat's in the box from RBS...

Jorgen
Great hope it works out matey!!
Old 15 August 2007, 18:31   #66
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
OK, I'm locking this thread for now as there doesn't seem to be much useful that anyone can add right now.

Jorgen, please PM or email and let me know if there's any more news.

John
Old 31 January 2011, 17:04   #67
Administrator

Well, I never did hear back from Jorgen as far as I remember, but it seems that Rupert Bonham-Smith (or Rupert Smith as he prefers to be called these days) isn't happy about this thread and wants it removed.

Quote:
Dear John,

Following my previous correspondances I would ask one more time that the thread be removed.

This is for several reasons:

Firstly it lists my full address which is a breach of the data protection act.

Secondly I had no contract with Jorgen on this issue as I gave the item to my girlfriend to sell.

Cutefleur69 is not my ebay account and never has been. If you would check with ebay you will find its the account of Fleur Antoine.
As result its incorrect saying cutefleur69 aka as its not me.

You might want to also remove any reference to evil edna with me as if you check this fictional storyrefers to Rupert Baynham and not myself.

I have been in discussions now with no win no fee libel lawyers who are willing to sue for defamation and breach of data protection act.

Frankly I do not want to waste time and energy going through the courts so I hope very much you will kindly remove this.

I would ask that this be done within the next 10 days or I will issue court summons to seek that it be removed.

I trust this wont be necessary

kind regards

Rupert Smith
Now, I like to think that I'm a reasonable person and I don't want anyone to be unhappy, but there has to be a balance somewhere.

Looking back through the thread, I see that the contact details which were published are no longer in the public domain (they were from a whois record which has now expired) so I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for their removal. I have now deleted them.

As for the rest, I am sure that everyone will be reassured to hear Rupert's side of things and can make their own judgement about the Ebay/Paypal issues if they are interested.

For anyone mystified by the reference to Evil Edna, it wasn't actually mentioned in this thread, but was obliquely referred to in the epic Deauville Rally thread of 2005.

The source is this slightly disturbing story on The Law of the Playground site. Until last year it was attributed to Rupert Bonham-Smith after which the name was changed to Rupert Baynham. Clearly a case of mistaken identity.

Hopefully that puts the record straight so there will be no need for Rupert Smith's imaginary libel lawyers to write me any threatening letters.
Old 31 January 2011, 18:29   #68
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
LOL Boss! Other than the name/s, he seems to be the same ole Rupes!

Speaking of names, he does seem to have a certain affinity for odd Spooneristic monickers...

...he's like a lad who would trade as Billy Sollocks
Old 31 January 2011, 18:56   #69

Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Length: 8m +
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Ah the memories

Funny that after pages and pages of argument, 3 years later he's suddenly claiming it wasn't even him selling the outboard
Old 01 February 2011, 00:24   #70
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Oh I love it when a thread that 99.9% of people had forgotten about gets dredged back up by the person who it was about.

Its a bit like a former politician deciding to drag the News of the World to court and comitting perjury in the process to defend his sexual antics - which would have otherwise long been forgotten.

Not unreasonable to remove the quoted Whois data, although I am sure if anyone is keen enough to find it they'll be able to do so from services on the web which offer historical whois data!
Old 01 February 2011, 07:48   #71

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
i'm up on a very high fence on this one, but he did have a girlfriend of that name, a very nice looking french girl, as you would expect with a name like that, that was a little way down his side of the fence i know but climbing back up and slightly down the other side, i wouldn't think she would know a boat bit from a london bus
Old 01 February 2011, 08:28   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
For anyone mystified by the reference to Evil Edna, it wasn't actually mentioned in this thread, but was obliquely referred to in the epic Deauville Rally thread of 2005.

The source is this slightly disturbing story on The Law of the Playground site. Until last year it was attributed to Rupert Bonham-Smith after which the name was changed to Rupert Baynham. Clearly a case of mistaken identity.
Interesting that now it's a case of mistaken identity, whereas before it was an over egged story...

http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread....519#post107519
Old 01 February 2011, 15:49   #73
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
I have to wonder if he can see the sun from where his head appears to be...

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2011, 16:15   #74
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
Not unreasonable to remove the quoted Whois data, although I am sure if anyone is keen enough to find it they'll be able to do so from services on the web which offer historical whois data!
That's true, but they will have to pay the likes of Domain Tools a few dollars for the privilege.
Old 01 June 2011, 11:56   #75

To JK

Hi JK.
Actually I did send you an email telling you that I received the engine in a rather bad condition and you replyed to the mail and told me not to do enything more.

To all you guy's helping me to solve this matter.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR GREAT SUPPORT

I really think that this thread was the reason that I got the engine.

THANK YOU ALL

The great dane
Old 01 June 2011, 18:29   #76

Town: Southampton
Make: avon adventure 4.5
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50hp e-tec
An interesting thread. I'd be suprised if Ribnet was in any way liable for anything posted on the site, similarly to how twitter cannot be held responsible for the content of tweets.

re the data protection act I believe it is the responsibility of the organisation he gave his personal details to to keep them secret if he asked them to at the time which he can't have in the first place or they wouldn't have been on Whois. Demanding all references be removed (from posts several years old) is akin to wanting every old phone book or electoral register you appear on be recalled.

Whilst I think it's fair to ask your details be removed, it's out of order to make bogus legal threats. You wouldn't have a legal case, so why make the threat when a polite request would have served just as well.

End of rant, but having been on the receiving end of bogus legal threats it just annoys me seeing it happening here.
Old 27 November 2011, 20:57   #77

Town: -
Boat name: -
Make: -
Engine: -
If you are planning to have business or other kind of relationship with Rupert Bonham Smith (eBay.co.uk seller - "goldfinger1000" (seems that he is changing accounts/e-mails/cell # and addresses frequently) then from my experience I strongly advise not to do that.

I am from Latvia (N.Europe) and spotted outboard engine in eBay.co.uk and asked if everything is ok with engine and does it have documents as in many countries you have to register it to use legally on water.
Mr. Rupert Bonham Smith answered that engine is fine and it has no problems with origin.
Price was 900 GBP for engine. It was weird that seller was not responding to emails and texts to provide manufacturing year and serial number to make agreement so there is origin to register it in Latvia. Also stupid thing - cash on collection.

Only when courier got that engine from UK to Latvia we found that over original label was glued label with wrong engine serial number. Also it sad it was manufactured in 1998 but such four stroke engines were produced from 2006 till now.
Right that moment it was clear that we were dealing with thief and stolen engine. After removing of engine cover we found same serial number 1998 engine "serial-badge" pierced with screwdriver, bent, fixed with chewing gum and sealed all over with super glue.

He is lair, thief, untrustworthy dabbler. Buyers beware!
Old 28 November 2011, 00:00   #78

Town: Burnham Market
Length: 7m +
Just read whole post -looks like here we go again!
Old 28 November 2011, 14:42   #79

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirans View Post
If you are planning to have business or other kind of relationship with Rupert Bonham Smith (eBay.co.uk seller - "goldfinger1000" (seems that he is changing accounts/e-mails/cell # and addresses frequently) then from my experience I strongly advise not to do that.

I am from Latvia (N.Europe) and spotted outboard engine in eBay.co.uk and asked if everything is ok with engine and does it have documents as in many countries you have to register it to use legally on water.
Mr. Rupert Bonham Smith answered that engine is fine and it has no problems with origin.
Price was 900 GBP for engine. It was weird that seller was not responding to emails and texts to provide manufacturing year and serial number to make agreement so there is origin to register it in Latvia. Also stupid thing - cash on collection.

Only when courier got that engine from UK to Latvia we found that over original label was glued label with wrong engine serial number. Also it sad it was manufactured in 1998 but such four stroke engines were produced from 2006 till now.
Right that moment it was clear that we were dealing with thief and stolen engine. After removing of engine cover we found same serial number 1998 engine "serial-badge" pierced with screwdriver, bent, fixed with chewing gum and sealed all over with super glue.

He is lair, thief, untrustworthy dabbler. Buyers beware!
Did you purchase outside of ebay?
Jizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2011, 16:56   #80

Town: -
Boat name: -
Make: -
Engine: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizm View Post
Did you purchase outside of ebay?
Yes you can say so.