Old 01 February 2011, 03:48   #71

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
i'm up on a very high fence on this one, but he did have a girlfriend of that name, a very nice looking french girl, as you would expect with a name like that, that was a little way down his side of the fence i know but climbing back up and slightly down the other side, i wouldn't think she would know a boat bit from a london bus

Old 01 February 2011, 04:28   #72

Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
For anyone mystified by the reference to Evil Edna, it wasn't actually mentioned in this thread, but was obliquely referred to in the epic Deauville Rally thread of 2005.

The source is this slightly disturbing story on The Law of the Playground site. Until last year it was attributed to Rupert Bonham-Smith after which the name was changed to Rupert Baynham. Clearly a case of mistaken identity.
Interesting that now it's a case of mistaken identity, whereas before it was an over egged story...

http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread....519#post107519

Old 01 February 2011, 11:49   #73
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
RIBase
I have to wonder if he can see the sun from where his head appears to be...

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2011, 12:15   #74
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
Not unreasonable to remove the quoted Whois data, although I am sure if anyone is keen enough to find it they'll be able to do so from services on the web which offer historical whois data!
That's true, but they will have to pay the likes of Domain Tools a few dollars for the privilege.
Old 01 June 2011, 07:56   #75

Length: no boat
To JK

Hi JK.
Actually I did send you an email telling you that I received the engine in a rather bad condition and you replyed to the mail and told me not to do enything more.

To all you guy's helping me to solve this matter.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR GREAT SUPPORT

I really think that this thread was the reason that I got the engine.

THANK YOU ALL

The great dane
Old 01 June 2011, 14:29   #76

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Ginger
Make: Avon SR4
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30hp yamaha
An interesting thread. I'd be suprised if Ribnet was in any way liable for anything posted on the site, similarly to how twitter cannot be held responsible for the content of tweets.

re the data protection act I believe it is the responsibility of the organisation he gave his personal details to to keep them secret if he asked them to at the time which he can't have in the first place or they wouldn't have been on Whois. Demanding all references be removed (from posts several years old) is akin to wanting every old phone book or electoral register you appear on be recalled.

Whilst I think it's fair to ask your details be removed, it's out of order to make bogus legal threats. You wouldn't have a legal case, so why make the threat when a polite request would have served just as well.

End of rant, but having been on the receiving end of bogus legal threats it just annoys me seeing it happening here.
Old 27 November 2011, 16:57   #77

Town: -
Boat name: -
Make: -
Engine: -
If you are planning to have business or other kind of relationship with Rupert Bonham Smith (eBay.co.uk seller - "goldfinger1000" (seems that he is changing accounts/e-mails/cell # and addresses frequently) then from my experience I strongly advise not to do that.

I am from Latvia (N.Europe) and spotted outboard engine in eBay.co.uk and asked if everything is ok with engine and does it have documents as in many countries you have to register it to use legally on water.
Mr. Rupert Bonham Smith answered that engine is fine and it has no problems with origin.
Price was 900 GBP for engine. It was weird that seller was not responding to emails and texts to provide manufacturing year and serial number to make agreement so there is origin to register it in Latvia. Also stupid thing - cash on collection.

Only when courier got that engine from UK to Latvia we found that over original label was glued label with wrong engine serial number. Also it sad it was manufactured in 1998 but such four stroke engines were produced from 2006 till now.
Right that moment it was clear that we were dealing with thief and stolen engine. After removing of engine cover we found same serial number 1998 engine "serial-badge" pierced with screwdriver, bent, fixed with chewing gum and sealed all over with super glue.

He is lair, thief, untrustworthy dabbler. Buyers beware!
Old 27 November 2011, 20:00   #78

Town: Burnham Market
Length: 7m +
Just read whole post -looks like here we go again!
Old 28 November 2011, 10:42   #79
RIBnet supporter

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirans View Post
If you are planning to have business or other kind of relationship with Rupert Bonham Smith (eBay.co.uk seller - "goldfinger1000" (seems that he is changing accounts/e-mails/cell # and addresses frequently) then from my experience I strongly advise not to do that.

I am from Latvia (N.Europe) and spotted outboard engine in eBay.co.uk and asked if everything is ok with engine and does it have documents as in many countries you have to register it to use legally on water.
Mr. Rupert Bonham Smith answered that engine is fine and it has no problems with origin.
Price was 900 GBP for engine. It was weird that seller was not responding to emails and texts to provide manufacturing year and serial number to make agreement so there is origin to register it in Latvia. Also stupid thing - cash on collection.

Only when courier got that engine from UK to Latvia we found that over original label was glued label with wrong engine serial number. Also it sad it was manufactured in 1998 but such four stroke engines were produced from 2006 till now.
Right that moment it was clear that we were dealing with thief and stolen engine. After removing of engine cover we found same serial number 1998 engine "serial-badge" pierced with screwdriver, bent, fixed with chewing gum and sealed all over with super glue.

He is lair, thief, untrustworthy dabbler. Buyers beware!
Did you purchase outside of ebay?
Jizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2011, 12:56   #80

Town: -
Boat name: -
Make: -
Engine: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizm View Post
Did you purchase outside of ebay?
Yes you can say so.