Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 11 May 2012, 11:57   #21
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
OK - The biggest issue is predicting the arrival time from Swansea - We'll probably have a better idea on the night before when we've seen the forecast.
well, whatever time you arrive I'm sure it'll be a spectacular part of your journey if you have time to fit it in. if we can do anything to help, let us know and we'll do our best to help, i think there will be a few ribs about to show you the best route through the Caernarfon Bar etc
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2012, 14:40   #22
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Cookee - quick one- will the boat have real time tracking on it / AIS etc at all? . Be nice to see where you are and how quick your going - also be ableto plan to see you whizz past !

You may have already sorted it but I cant see any details.

Pete
__________________

__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2012, 03:11   #23
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
Cookee - quick one- will the boat have real time tracking on it / AIS etc at all? . Be nice to see where you are and how quick your going - also be ableto plan to see you whizz past !

You may have already sorted it but I cant see any details.

Pete
Yes - Both of them!

We have a Spot Satellite tracker which will report our position every 30 minutes and we have AIS on our Raymarine system.

All of the details will be on the thread nearer the time.

Also for those that have asked we will be sorting out ways of topping up the funds for the Children's Hospices in your area - we just have to work out the best way of doing that so that your money goes to your specific local Hospice and not into a general fund.
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2012, 08:56   #24
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton

well, whatever time you arrive I'm sure it'll be a spectacular part of your journey if you have time to fit it in. if we can do anything to help, let us know and we'll do our best to help, i think there will be a few ribs about to show you the best route through the Caernarfon Bar etc
I'm hoping to be there to see the boat. Either through the strait or off skerries. I'm more likely to make the former if you do it as less weather dependant. We could loiter near Llandwyn island at pilots cove having some lunch until you arrive at the entrance to Caernarvon and the strait.

It's a beautiful 15mile run through, snowdon on one side, two lighthouses, two castles, two bridges, two piers and numerous v impressive houses. Worth the slight detour.


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3816942978.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	68147
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2012, 09:19   #25
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
I'm hoping to be there to see the boat. Either through the strait or off skerries. I'm more likely to make the former if you do it as less weather dependant. We could loiter near Llandwyn island at pilots cove having some lunch until you arrive at the entrance to Caernarvon and the strait.

It's a beautiful 15mile run through, snowdon on one side, two lighthouses, two castles, two bridges, two piers and numerous v impressive houses. Worth the slight detour.


Attachment 68147
and a spectacular run up from Bardsey
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2012, 03:55   #26
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Tracker Testing

Had a day out to deepest darkest Cornwall yesterday - Had lunch at Richard Mason's lovely establishment a short walk from the boat in Charlestown and then went round to Falmouth for a brief stop before coming back to Salcombe via the Eddystone. The boat ran faultlessly and we can't wait to set off round Britain on the 21st of June!

Here's the map Should have turned it on earlier!
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2012, 04:52   #27
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
Had a day out to deepest darkest Cornwall yesterday - Had lunch at Richard Mason's lovely establishment a short walk from the boat in Charlestown and then went round to Falmouth for a brief stop before coming back to Salcombe via the Eddystone. The boat ran faultlessly and we can't wait to set off round Britain on the 21st of June!

Here's the map Should have turned it on earlier!
got to admit, that sounds better than gardening
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2012, 07:05   #28
Member
 
Jeff Hutcheon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: wirral
Boat name: midlife Too
Make: COBRA
Length: 6m +
Engine: 15O E-TEC
MMSI: one day !!
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton

got to admit, that sounds better than gardening
H'mm gardening or Hilbre Island or 40 mph + in a banana??
__________________
MEMBER OF S.A.B.S. (WIRRAL DIVISION)
Jeff Hutcheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2012, 03:24   #29
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hutcheon View Post
40 mph + in a banana??
More like 60mph+!
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2012, 04:09   #30
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
More like 60mph+!
Hey Cookee, that boat would look good on the Scillies next month and make a fine support vessel for the tiddlers. Plenty of room up forward for tents and barbies.
__________________

__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.