Old 09 February 2004, 23:17   #1

Town: Newport
Make: Avon Rover 3.4
Length: 3m +
Engine: Merc 15hp F/S
Dry Suit

After over a decade of service my Aquion membrane diving drysuit is on its last legs. Can any of the divers amongst you recommend a membrane drysuit suitable for diving and comfortable and easy to use for general RIB ing. My Aquion has been a good suit for diving but is quite cumbersome and restrictive for potching about on the RIB. The Aquion has a shoulder zip which is a pain, are the front loading dive suits any good?.Is there a good combination suit out there? or would I be better off trying to buy a suit specific for the days on the boat and either buying a dive specific suit or having the seals and seams patched on the Aquion? Any opinions or experiences welcomed ( If Alex reads this, I'm sure I looked frightened at times out there on the weekend but I promise you I'm not looking to change the suit because I soiled my old one)
Old 09 February 2004, 23:33   #2

Town: West London
Boat name: Asp
Make: A BLACK Stealthly Metzeler
Length: 4m + really stealthy
Engine: Johnson 70hp VRO - not steathly at all!
I've just purchased a 2nd hand Northern Diver CNX 2.5mm Compressed Neoprene Drysuit for £90 for this reason.
This has a front entry zip, is very hard wearing, & at 2.5mm very comfortable. The added bonus is that it's warmer than a membrane!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cnx.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	4313