Old 06 September 2010, 10:42   #1

Length: 7m +
Dry Stack / Marina - Boat Damage Experience

Anyone got any experience with dealing with damage claims caused by dry stack / marina's ?

Ive had some damage caused to my Rib due to bad handling of my boat by marina people. Most of them are fine but someone must have been half asleep as my VHF Aerial was bent badly caused by my boat being moved into an inappropriately sized space in the dry stack. Ive also got a nasty scuff mark to my rib cover due to my boat being dragged single handed across the pontoon.
Old 06 September 2010, 12:24   #2
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp plus
I have unfortunately had RIBs damaged on a dry stack, but to be very fair to these guys at Hamble they were excellent in sorting the problem. One was the ground moved below the fork lift as they lifted the RIB and it caused the RIB to crunch into the supports above and trash , cover consul and stainless/electrics. All sorted in very quick time. Other problems were due to re positioning the RIBs onto a smaller support during ground work at site but they fixed this with other business at marina. All this sorted I guess through diplomacy and not getting angry.
I think communication is the name of the game here. speak with the marina managers and come to an arrangement.