Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 30 November 2006, 22:13   #61

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
The reason people get so annoyed - watch the video - just the first few seconds.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/6159563.stm

As you can see the prospect of going to prison isn't exactly the end of the world for this scumbag!!!
Old 30 November 2006, 22:21   #62

Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
14 year olds don't understand the implications to the emergency services of their actions, nor do they really know the danger of the sea.
That doesn't mean these kids were in the "thieving scum, chav" bracket that some of the deplorable posts on this thread from some particularly unpleasant people imply that they are.
Old 30 November 2006, 22:24   #63

Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Well, I'd love to pass the time of day with you.. but you're proving to be a prize winning prick without any further input...
You're letting yourself down with your remarks such as these on this thread.
Old 30 November 2006, 22:26   #64

Town: Cowes
Boat name: Niam-ho
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Suzuki DF250
MMSI: 235040417
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw View Post
14 year olds don't understand the implications to the emergency services of their actions, nor do they really know the danger of the sea.
That doesn't mean these kids were in the "thieving scum, chav" bracket that some of the deplorable posts on this thread from some particularly unpleasant people imply that they are.
Agree that they're not "...scum etc...", but they did display a blatent taunting of and disregard for the emergency serices by deliberately 'phoning them at 2am laughing and joking.
Old 30 November 2006, 22:43   #65

Town: Tobermory, Canada eh
Boat name: Verius
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Send a message via MSN to Stoo
Threads like this make me wonder why I even bother to turn my computer on some times. When I made my post, I was not commenting on the state of British youth, nor American youth, nor Canadian. We can all agree that some kids are "scum", just like some adults are. Those that suggest "all" kids are thugs presumably spend too much time watching the news. Those that suggest most kids deserve to die when they become involved in pranks like stealing a punt, need therapy.

My comment that riled so many was not meant to address anything other than this particular situation. Some young lad, who I presume none of you know anything about, died a cold, terrifying and lonely death. Regardless of what he was doing, that sucks. Period.

I won't comment any futher on this, because it just makes my blood pressure go up!

www.wetspotimages.com
Old 30 November 2006, 22:54   #66

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
I totally agree with you - I was just trying to point out why not many people in Britain do agree these days.
Old 01 December 2006, 00:53   #67

Town: Loch Lurgain
Boat name: an t-easnach
Make: Gemini
Engine: Honda 50
i suppose we all come from different places on this; and we have to see the humanity in everyone, including those who seem harsh. I'm elected by nobody but I'm sure that the west of ireland view on this, innocent maybe, would be to regard the drowning of a young lad as a total and utter tragedy and his parents deserving of nothing but absolute sympathy.

Society's problems are for another day; may he rest in peace.
Old 01 December 2006, 02:59   #68
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaelforce View Post
i suppose we all come from different places on this; and we have to see the humanity in everyone, including those who seem harsh. I'm elected by nobody but I'm sure that the west of ireland view on this, innocent maybe, would be to regard the drowning of a young lad as a total and utter tragedy and his parents deserving of nothing but absolute sympathy.

Society's problems are for another day; may he rest in peace.

Agreed.

As for the rest of what's been said- Don't read stuff into my words. If it's not there in black and white I'm neither saying it nor implying it.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Old 01 December 2006, 05:08   #69

Town: Anchorage
Boat name: Trojan
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Engine: Twin Yamaha 70's
Our laws suck too.

Not too much better over here.. I can't beat an underage youth for being in my shed in the middle of the night without fear of legal reprisal from his parents. Also, I can't shoot someone in my house without fear of being accused of manslaughter, so I have to prove that I was in fear of my life. So, in America we are tought to work around the law as best we can. If an intruder is in the shed, beat him in the dark so you had no way of knowing it was a kid, or follow him home and let the law deal with it. If someone is in your house uninvited, kill them. It's their word against yours, and dead people don't say anything. So, your poor me antics don't phase me. These kids did something stupid and paid with their lives. I have no sympathy for them, but don't feel they deserve it. But I do sympathise with the people who loved them, be it their parents, friends, teachers, or whomever. It hurts to lose someone you love, everyone knows that.

Jimmy
Old 01 December 2006, 05:37   #70
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
OK, it's clear that views are divided by this subject. The thread is now going in circles with nothing of substance being added, so I think it has run its course.

John