Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 30 November 2006, 12:34   #51
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Galway
Boat name: rockhopper
Make: ballistic
Length: 6m +
Engine: petrol
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 525
At the end of the day

I didnt get the news here guys but I guess the little lad bought it...
This is most regretful and sad, no matter how you cut it or what you say.

Lets get back to ribbing and hope his parents never get to see these pages.
They have enough to contend with regardless.
May the Lord have mercy on his sole as I am sure he will..
__________________

__________________
Aidan is offline  
Old 30 November 2006, 12:42   #52
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Unfortunately Codders and Ribit are all too right.

While I realise my attitude towards thieving scumbags in general is partly to blame for the arguing going on here, I challenge any of the RibNet US members to live here for any length of time without developing views tending towards mine.

If I wake up to a thief in my house waving a carving knife at me I can't shoot him. I can't even hit him with a baseball bat unless I carefully examine quite how hard the force is necessary to stop him without undue harm.
If he's injured in any way shape or form I can expect to be arrested (even sued if he hurts himself climbing over my fence into the garden-but that's an aside) and charged with assault if I can't PROVE that he intended to hurt/kill me with that carving knife. We don't even have the right to react in self-defence anymore.

If the kids in question were genuinely good kids that 'slipped' just that once and the parents did their job properly then I apologise and feel for them.
BUT...

Kids out at 2am wearing hoodies and tracksuit bottoms stealing a boat and going out in horrendous conditions sounds far too much like thugs that have grown up thinking they are untouchable no matter how dangerously they behave-and that their parents have done bugger all to steer them in the right direction. If that's the case then hopefully the death of one will put the other on the right track.
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline  
Old 30 November 2006, 14:48   #53
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,688
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Good post Nos. I agree. Thanks for the reminder, I need to clean my 45.
L.
__________________
Running around like a head with it's chicken cut off.
Limey Linda is offline  
Old 30 November 2006, 15:18   #54
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
and this is NOT me being political
look it up... http://www.answers.com/political&r=67
__________________
Poly is offline  
Old 30 November 2006, 15:52   #55
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Winnipeg
Make: Gemini Dive 470
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 40 2str
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
As an aside, Prairie Tuber's comments reflect nothing but ill feeling towards me because I dont agree with his slaughtering of Bears for fun. They have nothing whatsoever to do with the thread......
My disgust for you is not because you oppose bear hunting. My disgust for you is because you of your troglodite - like reactions to those who do something you do not approve of. Whether it is an activity that is legitimately objectionable (such as stealing boats) or whether it is something you perceive to be objectionable (yet actually positive and necessary - as bear hunting was proven to be in previous threads), your imbecillic reaction is to call for the death of the offending individual. That kind of behavior may fly in places that are loaded with nutcaes such as Iran, but it has no place in a civilized society.
__________________
TubrOnCrakberry is offline  
Old 30 November 2006, 16:30   #56
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubrOnCrakberry View Post
My disgust for you is not because you oppose bear hunting. My disgust for you is because you of your troglodite - like reactions to those who do something you do not approve of. Whether it is an activity that is legitimately objectionable (such as stealing boats) or whether it is something you perceive to be objectionable (yet actually positive and necessary - as bear hunting was proven to be in previous threads), your imbecillic reaction is to call for the death of the offending individual. That kind of behavior may fly in places that are loaded with nutcaes such as Iran, but it has no place in a civilized society.

Unless I'm missing a point here nobody has called for the death of anyone on this thread-merely pointed out that stupid actions result in fatal consequences. (If you don't believe me on that one get someone to breathe water for half an hour)
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline  
Old 30 November 2006, 16:34   #57
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
On THIS occasion I don't think I was being political - merely pointing out the way Britain is today - as the government runs this country and has done for quite some time now I think it's only fair to point the blame at them!!!
__________________
codprawn is offline  
Old 30 November 2006, 16:53   #58
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubrOnCrakberry View Post
My disgust for you is not because you oppose bear hunting. My disgust for you is because you of your troglodite - like reactions to those who do something you do not approve of. Whether it is an activity that is legitimately objectionable (such as stealing boats) or whether it is something you perceive to be objectionable (yet actually positive and necessary - as bear hunting was proven to be in previous threads), your imbecillic reaction is to call for the death of the offending individual. That kind of behavior may fly in places that are loaded with nutcaes such as Iran, but it has no place in a civilized society.

Well, I'd love to pass the time of day with you.. but you're proving to be a prize winning prick without any further input...
__________________
Jono is offline  
Old 30 November 2006, 17:29   #59
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Aylesbury
Boat name: it isn't yet
Make: Valiant
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 90
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15
I have just been reading through this post and some of you out there really need to get a grip. The boys nicked a rowing boat for a bit of fun for god sake! Its hardly the crime of the century. If you haven't done anything a little mischievous in your teenage days then you must have led a really sheltered life! Some of your comments make you sound like pretty horrible people yourselves. You know nothing about this but seem to just assume. As i say, GET A GRIP!!!!
__________________
tommycrf450 is offline  
Old 30 November 2006, 18:11   #60
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cowes
Boat name: Niam-ho
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki DF250
MMSI: 235040417
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 150
Have just read through this whole thread and I can see both sides of the argument - albeit that they've been presented in fairly extreme tones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycrf450 View Post
The boys nicked a rowing boat for a bit of fun for god sake! Its hardly the crime of the century.
I'm all for kids having a bit of fun, but I'd personally draw the line at calling this "fun". These kids (14yo's) nicked this boat at 2am on what was widely publicised and forecast to be probably the roughest night of the year. I'm not sure what "fun" they imagined they could have in a rowing boat in a predicted F11 in the middle of the night? It was plain stupidity.

The most worrying aspect in my opinion of this act of alleged "fun" was the blatent lack of thought of the implications, (safety, social and financial), this act would have on others. These kids spared no thought for the RNLI, Coastguard, Police, Coast Rescue Teams personnel or helicopter crew that needed to be scrambled that night. Placing all these individuals at risk on such a rough night (not to mention the financial cost of this operation) IS certainly a crime in my opinion.
__________________

__________________
Girls like RIBs too!
NautiAndNice is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.