Old 14 September 2004, 08:38   #31

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
In Greece we have a say roughly translated goes like this
'A holly robe does not make one a priest but a holy priest makes the robe holy'
TA RASA DEN KANOUN TON PAPA ALA O PAPAS TA RASA

Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2004, 10:17   #32

Town: Torrance
Length: no boat
Went yesterday too - dragging better half with me trying to convert her to RIBs from horses...

Haven't been to Southampton for a good few years and at 12.00 for a ticket, (we got 2 for 1 but ticket face value is still 12.00), probably won't bother again for similar time.

Sign posting to the park and ride was awful from town centre... then 7.00 to park in muddy field and 15 min bus ride each way.

Ticket colllection and entry was instant - no queuing but just went down hill from there...

First hall and a lot of the show was clothing! A lot of the other products offered seemed to bear no connection to boating at all... maybe its the lifestyle and image and not the boating thats important these day?

The majority of the 'stores' were so tightly packed that it was impossible to browse due to people trying to get in and out - and aren't people so b y rude these days! Pushing, shoving, barging, excuse me and sorry don't seem to be in the language these days. God knows what it would have been like at the weekends...

I was looking for a few specific items - out of 5 I found one at the 6th attempt - no real interest in helping from any of those I asked. Notably Andark were very helpful finding the info I wanted, as were the Mercury stall when we eventually got served - the free info made up for the waiting as others who should/would have known were only interested in selling me a 30.00 manual so I could look it up!

Likewise with the exception of the RNLI book I didn't notice any show specials on equipment. One item I was looking at varied between 18.95 and 26.99 for the same make.

Not looking at boats too much cut our time there down to around 3 hrs... shame as with travelling it worked out rather expensive day

Old 14 September 2004, 11:30   #33

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGANDER
Went yesterday too - dragging better half with me trying to convert her to RIBs from horses...
Good luck have been trying this to mY WIFE since we were students at the Unvercity (20 years ago). It just about in the turning point (I HOPE!! as still not sure)
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2004, 07:20   #34
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Halliday
Nice one by Andark. I must visit them. One reason for going is to get a new waterproof jacket. Always found their show offers to be good.
Not only were their prices good, but they get a gold star for having an inverter on their stand so when the power failed (as it seemed to with some regularity) they could still keep at least one of their credit card machines running so people could pay!

John