Old 12 September 2012, 04:18   #21

Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson View Post
He did repy:

Hi there,

First I want to thank you for your question. The item is in perfect condition, with no scratches on it, no damage. Hasn't been involved in any accident. All the necessary papers will be provided.

The total price is 4,000 including the shipping to your address. Price reduced for quick sale.

Currently i am located in Northern part of United Kingdom, in a beautiful sea-side city called Thurso, because i just finished the divorce with my wife and i have moved here to my parents home. The payment will be made through eBay and only after you will receive the item, i will receive the payment.

It will take around 3-5 working days until you will receive the item and you will have a 3 days inspection period (so you have 3 days to change your mind and refuse or keep it). Also, I need to know if you have cash in hand because I have a lot buyers interested in the purchase and I don't have time to waste. No offense but if you really want to buy it I will stop communicating with the other interested buyers.

If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so i can initiate the deal through eBay. You must know that eBay will contact you without any obligation to buy it or fees.

I will wait your answer (if you are interested to buy) very soon.

Regards
Adam

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM, Jenson> wrote:
Hi,

I am very interested in your super Rib. It looks great and looks just like the one my friend owns.

Please do not let anyone else buy it as I want it.

How can I secure the deal?

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Kind regards

Robin Fauca

I wonder what he intended to do should you have gone ahead?
Suddenly ask for a large cash deposit as a good will gesture maybe?

Old 12 September 2012, 05:23   #22

Town: Stourbridge
Engine: Outboard
Let's find out

Old 12 September 2012, 07:28   #23

Quote:
Let's find out

LOL

Nice one !
Old 12 September 2012, 12:10   #24

Town: Stourbridge
Engine: Outboard
Another reply:

Hi,
Yes i can deliver it.
Please give me your full name and address so i can start the transaction trough ebay, and after that they will contact you with all the payment details.
Thank you
Adam

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM, <Jenson> wrote:
Hi Adam,

Yes I have the cash ready for this purchase do not sell to anyone else! I am available to take delivery of the boat this week. Can you deliver tomorrow? I could arrange to collect if this is not possible. How heavy is the boat? The postman will need to know.

Do you have any more photos of the boat? (inside, from above and underwater).

Truly yours

Robin Fauca

Old 12 September 2012, 12:14   #25

Quote:
Another reply:

Hi,
Yes i can deliver it.
Please give me your full name and address so i can start the transaction trough ebay, and after that they will contact you with all the payment details.
Thank you
Adam

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM, <Jenson> wrote:
Hi Adam,

Yes I have the cash ready for this purchase do not sell to anyone else! I am available to take delivery of the boat this week. Can you deliver tomorrow? I could arrange to collect if this is not possible. How heavy is the boat? The postman will need to know.

Do you have any more photos of the boat? (inside, from above and underwater).

Truly yours

Robin Fauca

Love it !!!!
Old 12 September 2012, 12:18   #26

I bid a grand or so on it while it was active and just had this from ebay (genuine ebay)

Dear xxxx

We're writing to let you know that the following listing was removed and the item is no longer available:

290773139241 - Northstar 6.25 Metre RIB boat rigid inflatable boat for sale

The listing was removed because the item appears to have been listed without the account holder's permission. At this time, we're restoring the account to its original owner. You're no longer obligated to pay for the item.

If you've already paid for the item, we suggest you take the following steps:
-- If you paid using PayPal, please visit the Resolution Center to file a claim: http://resolutioncenter.ebay.co.uk
-- If you sent a check or credit/debit card information, please contact your bank to dispute the charge.
-- If you paid using cash, MoneyGram, or Western Union transfer, these payment methods are not covered by our eBay Buyer Protection Program. We recommend that you contact your local police to file a report, as well as contact MoneyGram or Western Union directly. Retain any emails you exchanged with the seller as the police may need them in order to investigate further. eBay will gladly help the police with their investigation.

Please don't send money or respond to any further emails regarding this listing. If someone asks you to continue with the purchase outside of eBay, we strongly recommend you ignore the request. Purchases made outside of eBay aren't protected by our Feedback system or buyer protection services.

If you don't receive the item, please let us know. You can contact us by clicking "Customer Support" at the top of most eBay pages.

For more information about buying and selling safely on eBay, please visit our Security Centre:
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre

We value you as a customer and appreciate your partnership in keeping eBay safe.

Regards,

eBay
Old 12 September 2012, 12:51   #27

Town: swanage
Make: Thundercat
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 50
Come across another scam on boats & outboards! Its a zodiac yatchline 380 with a 40hp yamaha for 3500. They wanted to do it through ebay & have me pay up front then send me the boat!

Think theres a real ad on gumtree for it thought for 4100
Old 12 September 2012, 14:59   #28

Make: Zodiac Mk I
Engine: 15 hp Yam two stroke
"Robin Fauca"
Old 13 September 2012, 03:35   #29

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
I contacted Ali and told her about the Ebay duplicate auction, I think it was them that contacted Ebay and got the fake sale taken down.
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2012, 05:06   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
I contacted Ali and told her about the Ebay duplicate auction, I think it was them that contacted Ebay and got the fake sale taken down.

I bought some fake Alton Towers VIP tickets once off ebay. Fair play to ebay & Alton Towers, they prosecuted the scammer (dunno what she got in court though)

Lets hope they do the same with this one