Old 12 September 2012, 08:18   #21

Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson View Post
He did repy:

Hi there,

First I want to thank you for your question. The item is in perfect condition, with no scratches on it, no damage. Hasn't been involved in any accident. All the necessary papers will be provided.

The total price is £4,000 including the shipping to your address. Price reduced for quick sale.

Currently i am located in Northern part of United Kingdom, in a beautiful sea-side city called Thurso, because i just finished the divorce with my wife and i have moved here to my parents home. The payment will be made through eBay and only after you will receive the item, i will receive the payment.

It will take around 3-5 working days until you will receive the item and you will have a 3 days inspection period (so you have 3 days to change your mind and refuse or keep it). Also, I need to know if you have cash in hand because I have a lot buyers interested in the purchase and I don't have time to waste. No offense but if you really want to buy it I will stop communicating with the other interested buyers.

If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so i can initiate the deal through eBay. You must know that eBay will contact you without any obligation to buy it or fees.

I will wait your answer (if you are interested to buy) very soon.

Regards
Adam

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM, Jenson> wrote:
Hi,

I am very interested in your super Rib. It looks great and looks just like the one my friend owns.

Please do not let anyone else buy it as I want it.

How can I secure the deal?

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Kind regards

Robin Fauca

I wonder what he intended to do should you have gone ahead?
Suddenly ask for a large cash deposit as a good will gesture maybe?
Old 12 September 2012, 09:23   #22

Town: Stourbridge
Engine: Outboard
Let's find out
Old 12 September 2012, 11:28   #23

Quote:
Let's find out

LOL

Nice one !
Old 12 September 2012, 16:10   #24

Another reply:

Hi,
Yes i can deliver it.
Please give me your full name and address so i can start the transaction trough ebay, and after that they will contact you with all the payment details.
Thank you
Adam

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM, <Jenson> wrote:
Hi Adam,

Yes I have the cash ready for this purchase do not sell to anyone else! I am available to take delivery of the boat this week. Can you deliver tomorrow? I could arrange to collect if this is not possible. How heavy is the boat? The postman will need to know.

Do you have any more photos of the boat? (inside, from above and underwater).

Truly yours

Robin Fauca

Old 12 September 2012, 16:14   #25

Quote:
Another reply:

Hi,
Yes i can deliver it.
Please give me your full name and address so i can start the transaction trough ebay, and after that they will contact you with all the payment details.
Thank you
Adam

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM, <Jenson> wrote:
Hi Adam,

Yes I have the cash ready for this purchase do not sell to anyone else! I am available to take delivery of the boat this week. Can you deliver tomorrow? I could arrange to collect if this is not possible. How heavy is the boat? The postman will need to know.

Do you have any more photos of the boat? (inside, from above and underwater).

Truly yours

Robin Fauca

Love it !!!!
Old 12 September 2012, 16:18   #26

I bid a grand or so on it while it was active and just had this from ebay (genuine ebay)

Dear xxxx

We're writing to let you know that the following listing was removed and the item is no longer available:

290773139241 - Northstar 6.25 Metre RIB boat rigid inflatable boat for sale

The listing was removed because the item appears to have been listed without the account holder's permission. At this time, we're restoring the account to its original owner. You're no longer obligated to pay for the item.

If you've already paid for the item, we suggest you take the following steps:
-- If you paid using PayPal, please visit the Resolution Center to file a claim: http://resolutioncenter.ebay.co.uk
-- If you sent a check or credit/debit card information, please contact your bank to dispute the charge.
-- If you paid using cash, MoneyGram, or Western Union transfer, these payment methods are not covered by our eBay Buyer Protection Program. We recommend that you contact your local police to file a report, as well as contact MoneyGram or Western Union directly. Retain any emails you exchanged with the seller as the police may need them in order to investigate further. eBay will gladly help the police with their investigation.

Please don't send money or respond to any further emails regarding this listing. If someone asks you to continue with the purchase outside of eBay, we strongly recommend you ignore the request. Purchases made outside of eBay aren't protected by our Feedback system or buyer protection services.

If you don't receive the item, please let us know. You can contact us by clicking "Customer Support" at the top of most eBay pages.

For more information about buying and selling safely on eBay, please visit our Security Centre:
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre

We value you as a customer and appreciate your partnership in keeping eBay safe.

Regards,

eBay
Old 12 September 2012, 16:51   #27

Town: swanage
Make: Thundercat
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 50
Come across another scam on boats & outboards! Its a zodiac yatchline 380 with a 40hp yamaha for £3500. They wanted to do it through ebay & have me pay up front then send me the boat!

Think theres a real ad on gumtree for it thought for £4100
Old 12 September 2012, 18:59   #28

Make: Zodiac Mk I
Engine: 15 hp Yam two stroke
"Robin Fauca"
Old 13 September 2012, 07:35   #29

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
I contacted Ali and told her about the Ebay duplicate auction, I think it was them that contacted Ebay and got the fake sale taken down.
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2012, 09:06   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
I contacted Ali and told her about the Ebay duplicate auction, I think it was them that contacted Ebay and got the fake sale taken down.

I bought some fake Alton Towers VIP tickets once off ebay. Fair play to ebay & Alton Towers, they prosecuted the scammer (dunno what she got in court though)

Lets hope they do the same with this one
Old 13 September 2012, 15:12   #31

Here's his latest reply:

Hi,
Ok, not a problem.
Thank you for your address.
I will start the transaction right now with ebay, and please wait for their payment invoice.
Thank you
Adam

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:26 PM, <Jenson> wrote:
Hi Adam,

Thank you for your efficiency.

I see the boat has been removed from Ebay. Is that because we have a deal?

I have encountered a small problem with the money. A friend of mine, Nick Leeson, had promised me he would finance the purchase of this boat but he has run into difficulty.
I now have only £3,000 cash (Greek Drakma) at the moment. I can assure you that as soon as I have the outstanding money I will send it to you. I hope this will not effect the deal.

My address for delivery:

Robin Fauca
87 Fleece Street
Riporf Hill
Shaftingham
Bucks
TW13 8AG

I can't wait to see the boat! When will delivery be?

Truly Youra

Robin Fauca

Old 13 September 2012, 15:20   #32

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Quote:
Here's his latest reply:

I see the boat has been removed from Ebay. Is that because we have a deal?

I have encountered a small problem with the money. A friend of mine, Nick Leeson, had promised me he would finance the purchase of this boat but he has run into difficulty.
I now have only £3,000 cash (Greek Drakma) at the moment. I can assure you that as soon as I have the outstanding money I will send it to you. I hope this will not effect the deal.

My address for delivery:

Robin Fauca
87 Fleece Street
Riporf Hill
Shaftingham
Bucks
TW13 8AG

I can't wait to see the boat! When will delivery be?

Truly Youra

Robin Fauca

[/INDENT]

Love the address
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2012, 16:28   #33

Hi,
Ok, not a problem.
Thank you for your address.
I will start the transaction right now with ebay, and please wait for their payment invoice.
Thank you
Adam

Thought he was going to let you have it for 3 days before you had to pay ?!

Send everything onto the old bill mate, they should have a laugh if nothing else !
Old 13 September 2012, 17:07   #34

Town: Plymouth
You got your post code wrong. Should read TW18 1AT

Peter @ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
Old 13 September 2012, 19:20   #35

U gonna get a spoofed ebay page to pay?

I *think* he was implying ""ebay"" would hold the money in escrow for 3 days after receipt.
Old 13 September 2012, 19:28   #36

Make: Zodiac Mk I
Engine: 15 hp Yam two stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyShoe View Post
U gonna get a spoofed ebay page to pay?

I *think* he was implying ""ebay"" would hold the money in escrow for 3 days after receipt.
Old 13 September 2012, 19:40   #37
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp plus
Jenson, this is great. I guess they are overseas and dont understand your humour and inuendos.
Old 14 September 2012, 18:02   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2 RIBS View Post
Jenson, this is great. I guess they are overseas and dont understand your humour and inuendos.
What inuendos?

Cheeky bleeder has sent me an invoice.
Old 14 September 2012, 18:07   #39

Dear Robin Fauca,
Good news! eBay transaction is approved, buyer and seller are insured!

At seller request, we have verified all the details of this transaction. We concluded that they are accurate and item actually exists, and both parties are insured. Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safely.
eBay Transaction #VPP-224332344932approved!

Invoice for eBay Transaction #VPP-223992834444 between Adam Tran, as the Seller and Robin Fauca, as the Buyer.
Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safety.Purchase Protection Granted!This message was sent by eBay's Customer Support team!
You were allowed by the seller to buy this item and this is your payment invoice.
We have verified all the details of this transaction. We concluded that they are accurate.
Please follow our instructions on this notice to complete the transaction safely.
We also verified and confirmed the seller's ability to deliver the merchandise and meet the terms described in his listing.

Seller Verified Profile
  • eBay Member in good standing from 09-26-2007
  • Registered e-mail address: adamtranx@gmail.com
  • Identity and Contact Information Verified.
  • Continues to meet strict Membership Criteria.
  • Committed to Dispute Resolution and Mediation.
  • Purchase Protection Coverage up to GBP 50,000.00

Here's the invoice for your item !

Robin Fauca,
Thanks for your purchase!!
Once payment is received, items are shipped within 48 hours.
Please e-mail the seller with any questions to adamtranx@gmail.com

Item PictureItem TitleQty.Price
Northstar 6.25 Metre RIB
1GBP 4,000.00

Subtotal :
GBP 4,000.00Shipping and handling(Paid by seller):
--Shipping insurance (Paid by seller):
--
Total :
GBP 4,000.00

Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back!!

Shipping and payment details:

Shipping DetailsName:
Robin FaucaShipping address:
87 Fleece Street Riporf Hill Shaftingham Bucks TW13 8AGCountry:
United KingdomE-mail address:
Seller DetailsName:
Adam Tran
Address:
Princes Street Thurso KW14 7DHCountry:
United KingdomE-mail address:
adamtranx@gmail.com
Our system has paired your transaction with an available international eBay agent,who will act as a third party in this deal.
This is done automatically by our system, the computer choosing at random from the list of available agents worldwide, in order to
ensure the impartiality of this deal,without inappropriately advantaging neither the seller, nor the buyer.
Next step to be taken: the buyer must make a deposit to the indicated agent in United Kingdom.
Payment must be sent by: Bank Transfer.
You should send the payment as soon as possible,your purchase protection being valid for only 30 days.
The sending of payment by any other arrangements cancels this transaction and your right to get reimbursed.
How to make the payment: This transaction is ensured by the bank against errors of description and fraud Our department require the payment to be done through Bank Money Transfer service:
Make the payment to the following eBay Agent Safety Account available in United Kingdom:

eBay Verified Agent Safety Account Details:

Agent name: Michael Ande
Account Number: 23007375
Sort Code: 209655
Bank Name: BARCLAYS

Reference to use:Your eBay username as a reference.
The lack of a reference, misspelt or inaccurate amounts can slow the completion of the transaction considerably.

IMPORTANT!!!

*Our system automatically selected the bank account in United Kingdom for safety reasons. The bank account you received it's for eBay transactions.
You must send payment to this bank account. If you are not satisfied with the item condition after inspection you can ask for a full refund.

How to complete the payment?

1. The payment must be sent by wire transfer using Bank Transfer to our agent. In order to wire the money to our agent, you can do it from your local Bank.
2. After the payment is made, please send us a copy of the transfer by email.
3. After the payment is made please reply to this invoice with the Bank Transfer Receipt.
Once the payment transfer cleared and our eBay representative confirms the payment, we will instruct the seller to start the shipping process. We will hold the funds until you send us your confirmation that you are satisfied with the product you received. As soon as we receive your confirmation we will release the payment to the seller.
The payment details are confidential and will not be released under any circumstances. Our customer chose this payment method in order to speed up the transaction.

Purchase protection and refund:
The eBay Buyer Protection is a subsidiary of eBay Inc., dedicated to insuring safe and honest transaction between online buyers and sellers, especially for deals involving large amounts of money. Each of our seller clients is required to open a Purchase Protection Account (PPA) which is managed by eBay Buyer Protection department. The amount of the account provides protection up to GBP50,000 against certain losses associated with some types of fraud.
When a seller initiates a transaction with his/her corresponding buyer, eBay Buyer Protection checks the seller's PPA and, if it's value is equal or greater than the transaction price, automatically locks it for a period of 90 days from the day the transaction was started.
Important Usage Guidelines:

After the inspection period is over and if you APPROVE the vehicle, contact us by this email and enter in the subject line:
"Approved Vehicle for Transaction #VPP-224332344932" (eBay Buyer Protection will contact you to complete the transaction)

To ask for a refund contact us and enter in the subject line:
"Refund request for Transaction #VPP-224332344932" (eBay Buyer Protection will refund your deposit in 48 hours)

Any complaints must be filed within 30 days from the verification date.

Help If you have an additional question about this transaction click reply as to Contact eBay Customer Support.

Thank you,
eBay Buyer Protection Support

Old 14 September 2012, 19:24   #40

Town: Caernarfon
Boat name: Bay Bar Dos
Make: Tornado
Engine: Honda 130
MMSI: 235092178
at least he has bothered to put the correct postcode in for princes street!!